home or no? Watch

pivotalmoment
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey, I need some advice.
Recently a couple hours ago I started getting ill and I've just been on call to my mum, she's a nurse. I described my symptoms to her and she said I might need to get to a doctors

Except here's the thing: its nearly the weekend and the doctors will be shut.

So basically, should I ask my parents to take me home, so I have access to care if something goes wrong or should I stick it out and hope for the best?
originalbiscotti
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
you could always ring tomorrow morning and see if they have any emergency appointments, or any appointments in general.
you could attend a walk in clinic, they'd be able to give you any medication and are open most days/nights depending on which you attend. (i'd avoid A&E, as it doesn't sound too severe at the moment).
if you want to go home, then do, theres nothing better than having people look after you tbh, but if you think its just general illness or dont want to go home, then don't, many people survive illness without going home.
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What did your mum say especially as she is a nurse and will know about you and your symptoms?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'd call NHS 111 and get them to advise you on what's best
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
I'd call NHS 111 and get them to advise you on what's best
I have used them a few times and didn't find them very helpful. Guess worth a shot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads