Has anyone had side effects with metronidazole? Watch

JH 011001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Was it severe, how long did it last, did side effects stop after taking it for a couple of days? Or side effects with any antibiotics. could you go to school/work?
Last edited by JH 011001; 4 months ago
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It's not the nicest antibiotic. Can make you feel sickly and achy. For gods sake don't drink any alcohol!

You should still be able to go to school/work.

What side effects are you experiencing and why are you on antibiotics? Obviously the illness being treated has a bearing!
JH 011001
Rep:
?
It's a family member will have to take it for a bacterial infection and Im just worried they will be sick as I worry a lot about my family and hate to see them sick, it gives me great amounts of anxiety and I become very unsettled so Im just terrified of them feeling sick or having diarrhoea. Is it possible to not have any side effects with it? The infection itself is not causing any sickness
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Vet Student 2020)
It's a family member will have to take it for a bacterial infection and Im just worried they will be sick as I worry a lot about my family and hate to see them sick, it gives me great amounts of anxiety and I become very unsettled so Im just terrified of them feeling sick or having diarrhoea. Is it possible to not have any side effects with it? The infection itself is not causing any sickness
Perhaps you need therapy. This much anxiety is not healthy.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yes, most people are ok, just feel a bit rough with it. Alcohol and metronidazole = puke.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
Yes, most people are ok, just feel a bit rough with it. Alcohol and metronidazole = puke.
Was it severe, how long did it last, did side effects stop after taking it for a couple of days? Or side effects with any antibiotics. could you go to school/work?
No problems with it and I have problems with lots of them!Felt fine just do not drink alcohol.
JH 011001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scotney)
No problems with it and I have problems with lots of them!Felt fine just do not drink alcohol.
Thanks they are starting it tomorrow for 5-7 days and Im just scared incase they feel sick or dizzy or anything like that. I am constantly worried about my mum dad and sibling's health like even if they have a headache or stomach bug I am on edge and get really anxious, even if I know it's just a normal bug. I dont know if anyone else feels like this but I literally go to bed every night praying they will wake up in the morning healthy and happy. They are 15 so will not be drinking alcohol. Do you think they will be able to go into school next week and they have a concert on saturday night can they go or do you think they will feel too sick?
JH 011001
Rep:
?
Also did you mind the taste and did you have to take it with food?
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks they are starting it tomorrow for 5-7 days and Im just scared incase they feel sick or dizzy or anything like that. I am constantly worried about my mum dad and sibling's health like even if they have a headache or stomach bug I am on edge and get really anxious, even if I know it's just a normal bug. I dont know if anyone else feels like this but I literally go to bed every night praying they will wake up in the morning healthy and happy. They are 15 so will not be drinking alcohol. Do you think they will be able to go into school next week and they have a concert on saturday night can they go or do you think they will feel too sick?J
Also did you mind the taste and did you have to take it with food?
Just do what it says on the instructions.Your sibling will probably feel better within 2 days as infection will be under control.You are worrying far too much about this.Have you sought help from your gp about your anxiety levels.I think it would be a good idea to discuss this with a doctor.
JH 011001
Rep:
?
Just do what it says on the instructions.Your sibling will probably feel better within 2 days as infection will be under control.You are worrying far too much about this.Have you sought help from your gp about your anxiety levels.I think it would be a good idea to discuss this with a doctor.
Thanks I know Im worrying for no reason I dont know why, it's always been like that for as long as I can remember. No I dont want to tell anyone and I think I can manage it myself but I just dont want them to be sick, I would rather it be me than them
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks I know Im worrying for no reason I dont know why, it's always been like that for as long as I can remember. No I dont want to tell anyone and I think I can manage it myself but I just dont want them to be sick, I would rather it be me than them
I really would suggest you get help, because if you're genuinely terrified then you need help to process why this is and to move forward.
JH 011001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
I really would suggest you get help, because if you're genuinely terrified then you need help to process why this is and to move forward.
Im going to uni next year, I think that will help. honestly, Im ok Im used to it hy now it's just when something does happen no matter how small I overthink things too much
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Im going to uni next year, I think that will help. honestly, Im ok Im used to it hy now it's just when something does happen no matter how small I overthink things too much
Right well your choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads