Ucl gcse requirement am i good enough? Watch

Blobfish827
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hello I was wondering about your GCSE requirement grade. For my GCSE’s I got 9(A*) 4 8’s (A*) 4 7’s (A) 6 (B) and a 4 (c)
The subject that I got 4 in was in maths which I know the requirement grade is a 5 in maths ( and also my prediction grade for A level is A* AA and I hope to study a history Ba) would it be a waste to apply to UCL ?

( I know it’s a stupid question to ask because 5 is the requirement grade but I hope my other GCSEs grades and A-level grades can compensate for that)
d3vkfc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
another question for anyone who answers this one, what if my GCSE's are meh and I got a 4 in english languauge but I got a 7 in maths and predicted A*A*A and want to do economics assuming maths is at A*-I dont know if I'm allowed to do this so im sorry
luketprg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by d3vkfc)
another question for anyone who answers this one, what if my GCSE's are meh and I got a 4 in english languauge but I got a 7 in maths and predicted A*A*A and want to do economics assuming maths is at A*-I dont know if I'm allowed to do this so im sorry
I know two people from my school who applied to UCL economics with 11A* GCSE's, 3A*1A Predicted A levels which included Economics, Maths and Further Maths for both, both with good personal statements and wider participation and neither got into UCL economics. So I'd think carefully about applying.
luketprg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Blobfish827)
Hello I was wondering about your GCSE requirement grade. For my GCSE’s I got 9(A*) 4 8’s (A*) 4 7’s (A) 6 (B) and a 4 (c)
The subject that I got 4 in was in maths which I know the requirement grade is a 5 in maths ( and also my prediction grade for A level is A* AA and I hope to study a history Ba) would it be a waste to apply to UCL ?

( I know it’s a stupid question to ask because 5 is the requirement grade but I hope my other GCSEs grades and A-level grades can compensate for that)
Usually the minimum requirements are pretty black and white to eliminate a large number of candidates, I'd personally say they would not accept you, but try not to be disheartened, eg they may be undersubscribed (although the likelihood is small). I'd reccomend calling their admissions team to find out as much as you can. Good luck!
Blobfish827
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by luketprg)
Usually the minimum requirements are pretty black and white to eliminate a large number of candidates, I'd personally say they would not accept you, but try not to be disheartened, eg they may be undersubscribed (although the likelihood is small). I'd reccomend calling their admissions team to find out as much as you can. Good luck!
Ahhh thank you , I just wished I resat maths but I’m sure they’re other top university’s that don’t put a lot of importance on GCSE grades like Cambridge and Queen Mary
Zaxra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I don't know how UCL looks at applications but I think if you really want to apply you should! Yes, you might be disadvantaged but maybe your personal statement or something else will stand out from your application! Bear in mind that there are lots of other good applicants who will meet or exceed the entry requirements but you never know, they might give you a chance
d3vkfc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by luketprg)
I know two people from my school who applied to UCL economics with 11A* GCSE's, 3A*1A Predicted A levels which included Economics, Maths and Further Maths for both, both with good personal statements and wider participation and neither got into UCL economics. So I'd think carefully about applying.
thank you very much, UCL is no longer a choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.02%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.1%
Not great so far... (263)
36.18%
I want to drop out! (136)
18.71%

Watched Threads