I don't want to do anything Watch

mmatiene
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Lately my life has felt meaningless. I'm doing my A levels in June, I work and yet I still come home and feel like nothing I did was useful. I don't even enjoy my old hobbies like writing, playing the sims etc. I guess life is just boring for me. What's wrong with me?
username4987770
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by mmatiene)
Lately my life has felt meaningless. I'm doing my A levels in June, I work and yet I still come home and feel like nothing I did was useful. I don't even enjoy my old hobbies like writing, playing the sims etc. I guess life is just boring for me. What's wrong with me?
There's nothing wrong with you! I think this is common in young people because there's so much pressure to constantly enjoy and share everything you do. A lot of people I know have felt this way but it's only ever temporary. It really helped them to try new things or maybe just try to give yourself time to understand how you're feeling and have a bit of a break from all the stress. I hope you feel better soon
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Start an ethical business and make some money.

You're right, playing the Sims is meaningless.

Education is fine. But the whole system is geared to making you a good employee. It's not geared to making you a good employer.

There is nothing wrong with you. You've twigged that you're being conned. Conned into wasting your time playing computer games. Conned into becoming a white collar worker or a civil servant. Conned into being a well behaved person. One that won't make a fuss and will accept your lot in life.

Find a cause you're passionate about. And start a business based on that. Find a way to make money from your writing - for example. Whilst also making a difference to the world.

Even if your business fails, you'll still be growing as a person in ways that very few other 17 to 18 year olds will be.
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Omg I feel the same and I’m in the same situation as you in terms of doing a levels this year. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that it’s just one more year of this and hopefully next year onwards will be better if I put my 100% into this year and get go to uni. Seriously hope it will be better because rn I feel like I need a change. Hope you’re doing ok though 💚💚
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads