Applying for two part time jobs - need advice Watch

MissAP
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
As there are a lot of seasonal jobs around I've decided to apply for a few to increase my chances of getting a job. I've already heard back from two and have interviews coming up.

They are both short hour contracts, so i can work at both but what if they want me to work the same shifts. How do I go about this? Do I tell them about the other job or will that affect my chances of getting hired?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MissAP)
As there are a lot of seasonal jobs around I've decided to apply for a few to increase my chances of getting a job. I've already heard back from two and have interviews coming up.

They are both short hour contracts, so i can work at both but what if they want me to work the same shifts. How do I go about this? Do I tell them about the other job or will that affect my chances of getting hired?
You could give them both different availabilities, so that they dont clash.
MissAP
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
You could give them both different availabilities, so that they dont clash.
On my CV they asked for availability and I put anytime as I was only expecting to have one job, so would I be able to tell them my availability has changed or would that look bad?
I've never had a part time/temporary job before, I've only ever worked full time so I don't really know how this works.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MissAP)
On my CV they asked for availability and I put anytime as I was only expecting to have one job, so would I be able to tell them my availability has changed or would that look bad?
I've never had a part time/temporary job before, I've only ever worked full time so I don't really know how this works.
In that case, id let them know that you may be taking on 2 jobs. That explains your availability change, and doesnt sound too bad (there are worse reasons for suddenly changing your availability). And that you would rather tell them now before you start so that they can give you shifts you can do (and dont clash) to start with rather than you having problems later and letting 1 job or the other down.
MissAP
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
In that case, id let them know that you may be taking on 2 jobs. That explains your availability change, and doesnt sound too bad (there are worse reasons for suddenly changing your availability). And that you would rather tell them now before you start so that they can give you shifts you can do (and dont clash) to start with rather than you having problems later and letting 1 job or the other down.
Thanks hope I get both jobs now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads