The Student Room Group

wanna transfer uni after a month-sf help?

So my current uni takes the tuition fees on the 16th but I'm going to transfer uni now. How does sf work?would my current uni let me transfer?
How long have you been at uni?
You need to check the rules and leave formally asap so you do not incur fees. It may already be too late. If so you have a mess.
Talk to sfe about paying them elsewhere.
How long have you known you were transferring?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
How long have you been at uni?
You need to check the rules and leave formally asap so you do not incur fees. It may already be too late. If so you have a mess.
Talk to sfe about paying them elsewhere.
How long have you known you were transferring?

It's gonna be a month this week so teaching wise 3 weeks & im gonna call them tomorrow but online it says I just need to tell them. & I wanted to transfer after a year cos I hate living out so I contacted the uni I want to transfer to who said we accept 2nd years & are still accepting first years. Yday I had a panic attack & realised it's due to living away from home I can't live away. They take Tuition fees on the 16th so I don't think it's too late?
Original post by makeup
It's gonna be a month this week so teaching wise 3 weeks & im gonna call them tomorrow but online it says I just need to tell them. & I wanted to transfer after a year cos I hate living out so I contacted the uni I want to transfer to who said we accept 2nd years & are still accepting first years. Yday I had a panic attack & realised it's due to living away from home I can't live away. They take Tuition fees on the 16th so I don't think it's too late?

Depends on the uni. Common is 14 days of enrolling. You need to tell your current uni asap plus speak to tutor and officially withdraw. They might waive fee liability. Doctors note might help. See what they say, but at the moment imo you are relying on their discretion.
Reply 4
Depends on the uni. Common is 14 days of enrolling. You need to tell your current uni asap plus speak to tutor and officially withdraw. They might waive fee liability. Doctors note might help. See what they say, but at the moment imo you are relying on their discretion.

What's fee liability?& I don't have a docs note
Original post by makeup
What's fee liability?& I don't have a docs note

When you become liable for uni fees. It will say so on the website. Normally 25% first term 14 days. You need to move quickly as I suspect its up to current uni. You should have asked here when having doubts. Talk to sfe first thing tomorrow about stopping fees going there and sending them to new uni. Talk to tutor about leaving course. Leave and talk to fees at current uni and hope they let you off.
Reply 6
When you become liable for uni fees. It will say so on the website. Normally 25% first term 14 days. You need to move quickly as I suspect its up to current uni. You should have asked here when having doubts. Talk to sfe first thing tomorrow about stopping fees going there and sending them to new uni. Talk to tutor about leaving course. Leave and talk to fees at current uni and hope they let you off.

How do I talk to sf? If that's happens I'll just stay there for a year lol
Original post by makeup
How do I talk to sf? If that's happens I'll just stay there for a year lol

https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england

and
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending