The Student Room Group

Pre-employment checks for these companies?

Hi all,

I am in my first year of my undergraduate degree and I was wondering whether anyone knows what types of pre-employment checks these companies carry out before you join them on a graduate consulting scheme: PWC, Accenture, Ernst Young and Deloitte...

I don't have a criminal record of course... but I was wondering whether they do any financial checks?

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.
Original post by GOI983
Hi all,

I am in my first year of my undergraduate degree and I was wondering whether anyone knows what types of pre-employment checks these companies carry out before you join them on a graduate consulting scheme: PWC, Accenture, Ernst Young and Deloitte...

I don't have a criminal record of course... but I was wondering whether they do any financial checks?

Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

You'd be best to ask them directly. I can't see them doing anything too detailed but they may ask general questions, such as if you've ever been bankrupt.
Uni/grades, CRB and credit check - with the usual questions about bankruptcy, court orders, fraud/dishonesty, dismissal etc.
Reply 3
Original post by BusMan21
Uni/grades, CRB and credit check - with the usual questions about bankruptcy, court orders, fraud/dishonesty, dismissal etc.

How do you know? I have some CIFAs marker on my name, that I had nothing to do with, but it lasts for 6 years so it will be 3 years in by the time I apply for a job. Are you 100% sure those firms do credit checks? Ah i'm so worried now.
Original post by GOI983
How do you know? I have some CIFAs marker on my name, that I had nothing to do with, but it lasts for 6 years so it will be 3 years in by the time I apply for a job. Are you 100% sure those firms do credit checks? Ah i'm so worried now.

Don’t be worried. All checks are done by an external company at a basic level. Something appearing does not mean no job offer (they don’t even have that power).

I don’t even know what a CIFA is. Have you tried appealing?
Reply 5
Original post by BusMan21
Don’t be worried. All checks are done by an external company at a basic level. Something appearing does not mean no job offer (they don’t even have that power).

I don’t even know what a CIFA is. Have you tried appealing?

CIFAs marker category 6 - first party fraud. But I have no idea how my details were ceased by fraudulent people, I literally do not engage in that sort of activity, too scared to if i'm being honest! I don't a criminal record etc. So yeah... I might try and get in touch with the financial ombudsman service because writing to the banks to tell them to remove it is useless...
Reply 6
What do you mean they don't have that power?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending