Can I reapply to a university that rejected my offer a year later? Watch

julian3584
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

If I were to apply to a university in the UK this year and have my offer rejected, would I be able to apply to that same university again the next year, or would I be sort of blacklisted?

Also, if I were to apply and then change my mind and turn down their offer, would I be able to apply to the same uni for a different course the following year?

Thanks
imaanr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It would depend on why you were rejected. Were the spaces filled up? If so, it should be fine applying again. Were your grades not up to their expectations? If your grades haven't changed since last time, or you haven't added anything to level up your UCAS points, it's unlikely. However, I would still say try no matter what. The only guaranteed way you will never get a position is if you don't apply. That's the only way you know you won't get it.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by julian3584)
Hi,

If I were to apply to a university in the UK this year and have my offer rejected, would I be able to apply to that same university again the next year, or would I be sort of blacklisted?

Also, if I were to apply and then change my mind and turn down their offer, would I be able to apply to the same uni for a different course the following year?

Thanks
To answer your question: yes, you're free to apply the following year and no, there is no such thing as a blacklist.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
To answer your question: yes, you're free to apply the following year and no, there is no such thing as a blacklist.
this is correct except for oxford and cambridge which will not let you re-apply to the same one a year after being rejected
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
this is correct except for oxford and cambridge which will not let you re-apply to the same one a year after being rejected
That's utter nonsense. Have a look at the threads hosted by Cambridge and Oxford admissions tutors in their respective forums and you will see that reapplying is perfectly acceptable. The only caveat is that they suggest applying to a different college.
Last edited by ageshallnot; 6 days ago
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I know several people who have reapplied to Oxford and Cambridge and got in second time round
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by julian3584)
Hi,

Thanks
Universities don’t hold grudges.
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Universities don’t hold grudges.
Tutors do. But that’s another matter. He was a smelly fart-bag. Wish I knew that before i applied.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Welshvisitor)
Tutors do. But that’s another matter. He was a smelly fart-bag. Wish I knew that before i applied.
Tutors don't make the vast majority of admissions decisions. They set a policy and criteria that are followed by administrative staff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (48)
14.68%
It might lead to more bullying (123)
37.61%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.89%

Watched Threads