McDonald’s and mental health :( Watch

Ellietacobell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I did my first shift at McDonald’s on Wednesday and it was so stressful and I just feel like I was a huge inconvenience to everyone, it got easier the less busy it got but ever since my anxiety and depression have been high. I feel like I’m just going to fail and it’s made me scared for the future and I really have no idea what I’m doing or what to do
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ellietacobell)
I did my first shift at McDonald’s on Wednesday and it was so stressful and I just feel like I was a huge inconvenience to everyone, it got easier the less busy it got but ever since my anxiety and depression have been high. I feel like I’m just going to fail and it’s made me scared for the future and I really have no idea what I’m doing or what to do
Id stick it out- at least another shift or 2.
You have only done 1 shift so far. And the first is the hardest. Everyone is new at some point and you will get the hang of it, trust me. It may have felt like it, but i bet you werent an inconvenience.
I worked there myself for 9 years, so know what the place is like.
AxSirlotl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
McDonalds is not a nice place to work if you're inclined to feel like you're an inconvenience to people because a lot of people rely on you (both customers and employees). If you fit in and get quite good at your job then you might find it is bearable. But if you are consistently not achieving what is expected of you then I would suggest that you leave and try to find a less stressful job and one that is more forgiving. Customers, crew members and managers can all give you hell if you mess something up. I've worked at McDonalds for 9 months (I stopped recently) and it is not the best job for your mental health. Remember, your mental health is more important than getting food to customers or keeping your managers happy so screw it if it keeps getting you down.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I felt the same way when I got my first part time job at a similar fast food place but I found that after a few weeks I got used to the environment and relaxed a bit more even when it was really busy. You’re pushing yourself out of your comfort zone so it’s going to feel overwhelming at the beginning but it’s okay to feel that way. Hope things get better for you.
Jaunty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you feel like it's not the right atmosphere for you, leave. You don't owe it to anyone to stay because Mc Donalds or any fast food chain is a super stressful environment with little reward/money. If you have to stick it out, you will come up with techiques to cope. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Hall Of Ages
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm no stranger to that feeling whenever I have started in a new job, so I can totally relate to how you are feeling. :yy:
unknown: )
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I would suggest that you try at least 2-3 more shifts and if it doesn't get better find a part-time job that you find interesting and are comfortable with.
good luck
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Jobs can often be stressful at the start. It takes some time to settle in and get used to it.

I'd stick with it initially. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (32)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (48)
14.68%
It might lead to more bullying (123)
37.61%
There's nothing they could do (101)
30.89%

Watched Threads