Relationship and mental health Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I feel like I am dragging my girlfriend down. I suffer with depression and sudical thoughts (although she doesn't know that part). I adore her and we have been together now for 16 months. I'm not always down, actually I'm rather upbeat the majority of days but when I have down days I feel like i'm dragging her down with me. I'm cold and distant and want to be left alone, I normally go and be alone but I feel like she takes it personally. I feel like I am making her upset and worry, when I know she doesn't need it. I just don't know whether to stay together or leave for her sake. Any advice please?
errrr99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Communication is everything. Let her know your dilemma and ask her what you should do.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
You need to explain to her what happens when you feel down and what you need in that moment, tell her how you feel has nothing to do with anything she's done and not to take it personally. By communicating how she can help you, she'll feel less helpless and upset and you'll feel like less of a burden.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.08%
Not great so far... (220)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.09%

Watched Threads