The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not yet, but currently in the process of writing my application. Have you applied and if so where? don't mind me asking.
Hey,

I was looking at potentially doing this route as an alternative to medicine itself. Costs are the only thing getting in my way so I would ideally be looking to save up as much as I can from my current healthcare role (once qualified). My knowledge of anatomy and physiology needs brushing up on majorly as do other core clinical skills. I'm not working as a nurse, paramedic or ODP so instantly I feel slightly more disadvantaged with my future application to P.A. courses.
P.A. Studies are actually a really rewarding career pathway. Please let me know how you get on and as ever I wish you all the very best of luck in your applications to Med School. :smile:
Reply 3
Hey,
I have applied to Sheffield Hallam and Manchester.
Only heard back from Sheffield and have an interview.
I don't know how long Manchester takes to reply.
Original post by Doctorwho
Hey,
I have applied to Sheffield Hallam and Manchester.
Only heard back from Sheffield and have an interview.
I don't know how long Manchester takes to reply.

Hi @Doctorwho

Well done on your interview and good luck! :smile:

Thanks
Helen
Hey @Doctorwho .. I submitted my application for Msc Physician Associate at Manchester this morning! Just waiting to hear back from them now.. When did you apply?
Reply 6
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @Doctorwho

Well done on your interview and good luck! :smile:

Thanks
Helen

Thank you Helen.

I'm looking forward to the interview. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by haleema97x
Hey @Doctorwho .. I submitted my application for Msc Physician Associate at Manchester this morning! Just waiting to hear back from them now.. When did you apply?

I applied to Manchester in mid September.

I’m hoping my application wasn’t too late.. They didn’t specify a closing date but I guess we’ll see.. Let me know when you hear back from them & good luck with your interview at Sheffield :smile:

By the way, did you receive a confirmation email from the University of Manchester after you submitted your application ?
Reply 10
By the way, did you receive a confirmation email from the University of Manchester after you submitted your application ?

No haven't received anything. Have you?
No haven't received anything. Have you?

Nope, nothing.. Was just checking I’m not the only one lol
Reply 12

Hey, have you heard back from them yet?
Nope, nothing! I went to the open day on Wednesday 6th and they said they’re hoping to get back to everyone by the end of this week
Have you heard anything?
Hi I have also applied but yet to hear anything. Also, I’m slightly concerned about finances. Have you guys looked at the professional and career development loans?
Perhaps they are handling applications for all the undergraduate courses first. Since PA course starts in Feb maybe the interviews will be in Dec. On the topic of the interview, how is everyone preparing?
(edited 4 years ago)
Professional & Career development loans are no longer available .. They got rid of them last January

At the open day they said the interviews were expected to be held at the end of November .. I haven’t started preparing yet and don’t really know where to start
End of November is around the corner :afraid: considering how there is no funding or help being provided for tuition fees do you think not as many people will apply?
Original post by TheGreatUnknown
End of November is around the corner :afraid: considering how there is no funding or help being provided for tuition fees do you think not as many people will apply?

I was thinking the same! Doesn’t give us much time to prepare at all..
I would assume so, yes.. I know a few people who have decided against it because they can’t find the funding .. Also, I think the February start has less applicants anyway
I was thinking the same! Doesn’t give us much time to prepare at all..
I would assume so, yes.. I know a few people who have decided against it because they can’t find the funding .. Also, I think the February start has less applicants anyway

Let's hope that puts us at an advantage in terms of lenience :crossedf:

Latest