The Student Room Group

Year 10 maths is stressing me out

I'm actually panicking about failing my maths gcse and I'm only a month into year 10. My teacher is really nice and makes lessons better but I've just come from bottom set to top set and the work is hard. The teacher moves on to quickly so I never understand the work and I'm not sure whether to tell him he's going to quickly. I keep making stupid mistakes and I'm 90% sure I'm going to fail maths at GCSE
Reply 1
Genuine question, how did you go from bottom to top set? It's just I've never heard of that happening before.
My Maths teacher last year was an amazing teacher. She helped me out loads and all the assessments and exams we did I aced because of her. Because she was the head of maths she moved me up before she moved to Ireland.
Just believing yourself and keep trying. I'm also in year 10 and can kind of relate to what your going through, if you can, ask the teacher to slow down a bit so you can understand but if not, There are amazing books and Youtube channels to which you can recap everything you can learn.
What’s the question stressing you out?
Reply 5
Original post by Tyler lindon
I'm actually panicking about failing my maths gcse and I'm only a month into year 10. My teacher is really nice and makes lessons better but I've just come from bottom set to top set and the work is hard. The teacher moves on to quickly so I never understand the work and I'm not sure whether to tell him he's going to quickly. I keep making stupid mistakes and I'm 90% sure I'm going to fail maths at GCSE

if you ever need help you can ask me I hate maths but im getting top grades already (surprisingly).
U can private message me or just reply to this.
just give me list of topics u need to work on and im happy to help

Quick Reply

Latest