biologist help me understand life Watch

Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
if we evolved from the apes why are there not any apes that look more Human. what is there not a spectrum from ape to human.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
because the causes of evolution may not be numerous

eg if two populations get separated geographically, two different species will develop not a spectrum of species hence why you have humans and apes but not something in between

basically
Jiblet03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Igotbbcalevel)
if we evolved from the apes why are there not any apes that look more Human. what is there not a spectrum from ape to human.
We didn't evolve from apes. The theory states that we shared a common ancestor with apes many millions of years ago. The reason why no apes and monkeys look like us, is because there is no need for it. Evolution only happens when it needs to happen, and at this moment in time, apes and monkeys do not need to evolve as the environment isnt changing. Apes looking like humans would give them no advantage in survival, so there is no need to waste the energy to evolve
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i still haven't gotten a answer i understand
genericteen15
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not a biologist but I would presume its because of natural selection and that any in between type species has gone extinct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.32%

Watched Threads

Latest