aqa biology Watch

W-Meister
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The scientists determined the mean diameter of muscle fibres in trained mice usingan optical microscope to examine sections of muscle tissue. The circular area (πr2)of one field of view was 1.25 mm2. The diameter of this area was equal to thediameter of 15 muscle fibres.Using this information, calculate the mean diameter in µm (micrometres) of musclefibres in this section of tissue.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by W-Meister)
The scientists determined the mean diameter of muscle fibres in trained mice usingan optical microscope to examine sections of muscle tissue. The circular area (πr2)of one field of view was 1.25 mm2. The diameter of this area was equal to thediameter of 15 muscle fibres.Using this information, calculate the mean diameter in µm (micrometres) of musclefibres in this section of tissue.
this should be a simple maths question, how do you get the radius of 1.25 and then times it by two. then you just convert mm into micrometres
W-Meister
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
this should be a simple maths question, how do you get the radius of 1.25 and then times it by two. then you just convert mm into micrometres
Yep, I figured it out about how you need to divide by pi first then square root it which is where I kept going wrong. Thanks anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads