Alazzu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Recently did my A levels, went into the exam hall a mess, didn't come out with good grades at all. C in Film Studies and D in Drama and Theatre. In GCSE I got an A in Drama, a 5 in English Language, 6 in English Literature, C in History, 4 in Maths and C in Religious Studies. I really want to go to University particularly Manchester but I don't know how to do so, would it be good to re-do my A levels? I want to study Film or persue acting
Last edited by Alazzu; 5 months ago
ujabri
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Just do a foundation... it would prep u better for that degree choice anyways imo
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Before thinking of what to do next, it might be better for you to reflect why you're not doing as well as you wanted. If you can figure this out and improve on it, then you won't fail to meet the expectations that you've set for yourself.

Why is it that your A levels went poorly? Be honest - what happened and why?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you want to be an actor then an academic degree is not the best idea. This will deal with the theory of theatre/drama and will not train you as an actor.

Look at Drama Schools instead - https://www.oldvic.ac.uk/acting/ as one example - in this case 'Applicants would normally be expected to meet UWE Bristol’s minimum entry requirements. However, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School welcomes interest from applicants who may not have the standard entry requirements. We will consider evidence of personal, professional and educational experience which show an ability to meet the demands of the course.'
Alazzu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
In foundation, on the entry requirements it states that you need a certain amount of tariff points, If I dont meet that but I meet the GCSE requirement is it still ok for me to apply or is there no chance?
ujabri
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Alazzu)
In foundation, on the entry requirements it states that you need a certain amount of tariff points, If I dont meet that but I meet the GCSE requirement is it still ok for me to apply or is there no chance?
I know a girl that got onto a foundation course with DDE, you’re fine believe me lool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.8%
No (425)
66.2%

Watched Threads