Saf06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey Guys, I started uni this September and am doing an Biomedical Science course. I’m wondering what kind of revision techniques would you guys recommend. Also, is there any particular textbooks that would be highly beneficial.

Thanks
Beecar98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The revision technique is kinda different for everyone. I would re-write my lecture notes out using the slides, notes I'd made and recordings if there was one available. I'd then go through a text book and add in any other information that I thought would be useful (possibly not as important to do during your first year - and I didn't do this in first year, just in my second year - and I will do it when I go back for my third). And then to revise it I'd do some of the practice exam questions that the lecturers would give us.

I've found the Fundamentals of Biomedical Science (I think that's what they're called!) books particularly useful, there's one for each specialty and there were multiple copies in my university library. And also Totoras principles of anatomy and physiology was very good for my physiology module.
Saf06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by MusicGamer)
The revision technique is kinda different for everyone. I would re-write my lecture notes out using the slides, notes I'd made and recordings if there was one available. I'd then go through a text book and add in any other information that I thought would be useful (possibly not as important to do during your first year - and I didn't do this in first year, just in my second year - and I will do it when I go back for my third). And then to revise it I'd do some of the practice exam questions that the lecturers would give us.

I've found the Fundamentals of Biomedical Science (I think that's what they're called!) books particularly useful, there's one for each specialty and there were multiple copies in my university library. And also Totoras principles of anatomy and physiology was very good for my physiology module.
Hey, thanks for your reply really appreciate it. Also, did you do Cell and Tissue biology module. If so then what books did you find useful for this. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
13.84%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
22.32%
Live streaming events (21)
9.38%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (51)
22.77%
An in-person event when available (50)
22.32%