The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford Law Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Aptitude.
It seems two worlds have collided then... This is both awkward and exciting.

What are the chances...

craziness! small world xx
Reply 101
Hi,

I am an international student from Canada in the IB program. I've been very worried about my Oxford application, so I was wondering if anyone has received any Oxford interview offers for Law (M100 UCAS Code)?

Predicted Grades
Higher Levels: 776
Total: 41

Universities applications
Oxford University - Brasenose College
University of Nottingham (Offer Received)
Durham University (Offer Received)
Bristol University
King's College London
Same here bud @daviid dont sweat it
Original post by daviid
Hi,

I am an international student from Canada in the IB program. I've been very worried about my Oxford application, so I was wondering if anyone has received any Oxford interview offers for Law (M100 UCAS Code)?

Predicted Grades
Higher Levels: 776
Total: 41

Universities applications
Oxford University - Brasenose College
University of Nottingham (Offer Received)
Durham University (Offer Received)
Bristol University
King's College London

An international student from Austria here
Applied to the same unis as you just Dundee instead of Notts. And Worcester instead of Brasenose
Also, have received an offer from Durham :biggrin:
Still nothing from the rest, so we're in the same boat (excl. Notts/Dundee)
Original post by Z RF
Applying to: Oxford, Bristol, UCL, York, Warwick
GCSE's: 3A* 5A 1B
AS: AABB (one B was given unfairly, head of department appealing grade)
A2 predicted: A*AAB
LNAT: given 7/10 essay went spectacular tho
College: Magdalen (very long explanation for why)
:biggrin:

Hi, what do you mean LNAT: given 7/10?
Hi everyone. Does anyone have a rough idea of when Oxford start sending out interviews? I'm assuming around the 20th since interviews are on the 11th.
Original post by student467
Hi, what do you mean LNAT: given 7/10?

Oh i mean the date, 7th Oct
Original post by Z RF
Oh i mean the date, 7th Oct

Oh hahaha thanks, I thought I was missing something
Hi!
Universities applied to: Liverpool (Law with Politics, offer), Kent (Law with Politics, offer), Manchester (Law with Politics, offer), King's College London (Politics, Philosophy and Law) and Oxford (Magdalen college).
GCSEs: Not as great as some people (making me feel quite insecure), but 2 9s, an 8 and the rest 7s and my five in maths!! (My proudest moment)
Predicted Grades: A* in Sociology, A in history and English literature.
Good luck!1
Applying to: Oxford (Somerville), Bristol, Exeter, Warwick, Kent
Predicted: A*A*A
GCSEs: 98887777A*A
Original post by Artical2k9
Applying to: Oxford (Somerville), Bristol, Exeter, Warwick, Kent
Predicted: A*A*A
GCSEs: 98887777A*A

With those PGs and A Levels you did not want to apply to Durham or some of the London unis rather than Exeter or Kent? Warwick is a great insurance though.
Original post by my_man_123
With those PGs and A Levels you did not want to apply to Durham or some of the London unis rather than Exeter or Kent? Warwick is a great insurance though.

Yh was thinking of applying for KCL due to their English and American law degree, but the cost of living in London is too high. Also I really liked Exeter and they have a good law programme.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yh was thinking of applying for KCL due to their English and American law degree, but the cost of living in London is too high. Also I really liked Exeter and they have a good law programme.

Yeah Exeter is a good uni for law, albeit their offers have been steadily dropping from what I have seen on the law offers thread.

Yeah I applied to Exeter as well I really like the course and the place is really nice
Original post by jaitank1512
Yeah I applied to Exeter as well I really like the course and the place is really nice

Ahh nice. Have you received an offer?
Original post by my_man_123
Yeah Exeter is a good uni for law, albeit their offers have been steadily dropping from what I have seen on the law offers thread.

Oh alright, didn't know that about the offers. I got one luckily and was so happy cuz it's going to be my firm choice after the likely event of getting rejected by Oxford.

Ahh nice. Have you received an offer?

Yeah I have ABB but yeah I’ve heard they are varying , it’ll be my firm as well when oxford reject
Original post by jaitank1512

Yeah I have ABB but yeah I’ve heard they are varying , it’ll be my firm as well when oxford reject

That's a good offer. Mine's AAB or ABB if firmed. Do you know how or why the offers vary?
I've found this excel spreadsheet on admission statistics for law at all the Oxford colleges. Idk if anyone has posted it yet but here is the website that you can find it on: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admission_statistics_for_undergr_13?unfold=1#incoming-1309041
Reply 119
has anyone received an interview invitation yet? If so, which college? (and congratulations obviously) :smile:
I am probably too early asking this lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending