The Student Room Group

NUS student discount card

My card has expired, is there anyway I can renew it as I'm in my second year of college at the moment?
You shouls have had an email asking you to renew. "Jump to NUS extra card holders and auto-renewal - NUS extra card holders and auto-renewal All NUS extra cards are valid for a full 12, 24 or 36 months from the date of purchase (depending on whether you have purchased a 1, 2 or 3 year card). We shall send you a notification by email, just before your card is due to expire, inviting you to renew your card." Otherwise just go on the website and select renewal
Mine runs out in a month too, I got an email about it asking me to renew. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
My card has expired, is there anyway I can renew it as I'm in my second year of college at the moment?

Don't bother unless you shop religiously at the Co-op.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom

haha so true its actually kinda useless but it saves me on my trips to superdrug and I need to go but feel so incomplete without my NUS card, I managed to get away with it at another store but the woman at my superdrug actually checks it so I'm thinking of just getting it renewed 😭

Original post by yzanne
Mine runs out in a month too, I got an email about it asking me to renew. :smile:

mines ran out but I'm sure I've not got any such email, so I tried through the website but couldn't find an option to renew
Reply 5
haha so true its actually kinda useless but it saves me on my trips to superdrug and I need to go but feel so incomplete without my NUS card, I managed to get away with it at another store but the woman at my superdrug actually checks it so I'm thinking of just getting it renewed 😭

mines ran out but I'm sure I've not got any such email, so I tried through the website but couldn't find an option to renew

Superdrug is on Unidays so that's not a good reason to pay for an NUS card...
Original post by IWMTom

Hahahaha I admire this. Love coop.
I get loads of discounts with mine- Superdrug, Rymans, Mountain Warehouse etc etc!
Reply 8
Original post by Angela1001
I get loads of discounts with mine- Superdrug, Rymans, Mountain Warehouse etc etc!

All of which you would get from free providers of discounts...

Unidays, Student Beans, etc.

Paying for an NUS card (or TOTUM as they like to call it now) is a complete and utter waste of money.
Reply 9
Original post by IWMTom
All of which you would get from free providers of discounts...

Unidays, Student Beans, etc.

Paying for an NUS card (or TOTUM as they like to call it now) is a complete and utter waste of money.

I never knew 😂 so do you reckon unidays and the other free providers have a better variety and more discounts? I found unidays after applying for the nus and was shocked when I found out there were free providers too, to be honest theres only a few places that I actually use the NUS and if there are other sites that offer those for free I don't think I'm gonna pay again to renew it for another year.
Reply 10
I never knew 😂 so do you reckon unidays and the other free providers have a better variety and more discounts? I found unidays after applying for the nus and was shocked when I found out there were free providers too, to be honest theres only a few places that I actually use the NUS and if there are other sites that offer those for free I don't think I'm gonna pay again to renew it for another year.

The only reason to pay for an NUS card is if you shop at the Co-op enough for the discount to pay for the card. Otherwise, stick to Unidays.
👍👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending