The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollypearce123
It depends on the offer they give you - the offer will specify if the lowered grades apply if you firm them or not. For me, they gave me ABB whether I firm them or not, but my predicted grades far exceeded the minimum. Also, it's true about Scottish uni's taking their time - I've applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh and St. Andrews. Heard back from Glasgow on the same day, but heard nothing from either Edinburgh or St. Andrews yet, and probably wont until February. Frustrating as St. Andrews is my favourite and i reckon Glasgow will be my insurance.
(Also, I'm an English applicant - i just want to go to Scotland, hence why i applied to 3 Scottish Uni's, haha)

Omds me too love the degree structure and I was thinking of taking a gap so a four year degree seemed like a more suitable choice. And being from London aswell feel a bit ignorant towards issues that regard the rest of the Uk so nice to get out of the bubble
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Also people from England or London especially how are u planning offer holder days to Scotland ? I’ve never been up there and I’m planning days but I don’t know what’s the most cost efficient to go up
Original post by stormsanddreams
Also people from England or London especially how are u planning offer holder days to Scotland ? I’ve never been up there and I’m planning days but I don’t know what’s the most cost efficient to go up

I’m from Scotland but getting down to England by train is v expensive unless it’s far in advance. Sometimes flights are quite reasonable and cheaper then train so id consider that although not the most eco friendly - bus is always a cheap and eco friendly option if you’re fine with the long journey!
I don't mind long journeys and i think it would be quite exciting! Though imma bit concious that because train is often i think min 7 hours i would have to stay overnight, and that presents the slight problem of finding accomadition, but im actually really excited, I know Scotland isnt far away but it feels like im moving abroad :smile:( yh imma a sheltered londoner)
Omds me too love the degree structure and I was thinking of taking a gap so a four year degree seemed like a more suitable choice. And being from London aswell feel a bit ignorant towards issues that regard the rest of the Uk so nice to get out of the bubble

Yeah the degree structure is the main reason i want to go - as well as Scotland is beautiful haha. i'm abut an hour and a half from London on the South East coast and I've never wanted to move away so badly in my life

What course did you apply for? I've got an offer but i've not been invited to an offer holding day
What course did you apply for? I've got an offer but i've not been invited to an offer holding day

English literature ABB, Glasgow sent a email after I got a offer didn’t say offer holder day but I searched it up, fees and funding and things
Yeah the degree structure is the main reason i want to go - as well as Scotland is beautiful haha. i'm abut an hour and a half from London on the South East coast and I've never wanted to move away so badly in my life

It is beautiful, well from what I’ve seen on google images 😂😭😭 though it will be quite cold. And me too, quite a lot of people were surprised I didn’t put any London unis and all of my options are quite far, but I just feeel not to be cliche but to get out and explore the world ☺️😂😂
English literature ABB, Glasgow sent a email after I got a offer didn’t say offer holder day but I searched it up, fees and funding and things

Hey, me too! I can't remember if i've already said that on this chat yet, haha.
It is beautiful, well from what I’ve seen on google images 😂😭😭 though it will be quite cold. And me too, quite a lot of people were surprised I didn’t put any London unis and all of my options are quite far, but I just feeel not to be cliche but to get out and explore the world ☺️😂😂

I feel the same haha. Studying abroad is so appealing to me. I've got my interview for Cambridge tomorrow but the uni is only an hour away on a good traffic day, and i'd like to be much more independent so i'm not sure its the right fit for me honestly :/
I feel the same haha. Studying abroad is so appealing to me. I've got my interview for Cambridge tomorrow but the uni is only an hour away on a good traffic day, and i'd like to be much more independent so i'm not sure its the right fit for me honestly :/

Ooooo good luck 👏 yh that was me with Bristol it’s a really good uni but it just feels too close, and I don’t wanna feel like extended sixth form 😂😂😂
Ooooo good luck 👏 yh that was me with Bristol it’s a really good uni but it just feels too close, and I don’t wanna feel like extended sixth form 😂😂😂

You put it into words for me!! My parents can't understand why anyone would want to be more than an hour away from home but that feels too much like an "extended sixth form".
Yh my mum thinks I’m running away and she feels hurt I had to repeatedly reassure her it was 4 years and I would see her during hols😂😂

Original post by lphistory
You put it into words for me!! My parents can't understand why anyone would want to be more than an hour away from home but that feels too much like an "extended sixth form".
Yh my mum thinks I’m running away and she feels hurt I had to repeatedly reassure her it was 4 years and I would see her during hols😂😂

Mine did as well!! What course have you applied for? I went for English Literature & History
Mine did as well!! What course have you applied for? I went for English Literature & History

English literature, ngl I was on the fence of putting both firm and insurance as Scottish universities but after today’s election results I’m gonna have to make plans on Scottish citizenship ASAP 😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭😭
English literature, ngl I was on the fence of putting both firm and insurance as Scottish universities but after today’s election results I’m gonna have to make plans on Scottish citizenship ASAP 😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭😭

Time to substitute my final choice for another Scottish uni before all hell breaks lose down here!! And lit!
Time to substitute my final choice for another Scottish uni before all hell breaks lose down here!! And lit!

Me too, not to become political I wasn’t a big fan of corbyn but I never expected overwhelming support for Boris, a man who’s literally lied to the public and called disgusting slurs towards groups calling people of the lgbtq community ‘bum boys and women who wear the face veil letterboxes which in that article his liberal message was lost. I don’t know it just feels like economically and socially we have literally gone back a decade 😭😭i really hope it turns out well and I’m wrong but I don’t know england this is just sad
Original post by Ieuz
Given nobody seems to have heard back I wonder if that degree structure doesn't have any offers out until after the deadline or something

@emjfinch
@Beckstudiesapplied for Social and Public Policy and got rejected on the basis that I’m doing a BTEC. I was told at the open day that I would be considered with a BTEC so i emailed and got an offer yesterday! That’s probably why I’ve heard back before other ScoSci degree applicants
Me too, not to become political I wasn’t a big fan of corbyn but I never expected overwhelming support for Boris, a man who’s literally lied to the public and called disgusting slurs towards groups calling people of the lgbtq community ‘bum boys and women who wear the face veil letterboxes which in that article his liberal message was lost. I don’t know it just feels like economically and socially we have literally gone back a decade 😭😭i really hope it turns out well and I’m wrong but I don’t know england this is just sad

We've been talking about it all day in sixth form so it's been a very grim Friday. One of my history classmates voted Tory and very proudly announced it on Instagram yesterday...it caused a huge ruckus in the common room, as you can imagine!! Apparently, Scotland are gearing up for another independence referendum, which'll be interesting to see. England...oh dear. How did the election go so disastrously wrong?
Reply 99
We've been talking about it all day in sixth form so it's been a very grim Friday. One of my history classmates voted Tory and very proudly announced it on Instagram yesterday...it caused a huge ruckus in the common room, as you can imagine!! Apparently, Scotland are gearing up for another independence referendum, which'll be interesting to see. England...oh dear. How did the election go so disastrously wrong?

Literally I sat in our "Common room" of sorts (we kinda just took over an unused classroom a while ago as we don't have common rooms) and had to deal with being the only person in about 20 not disappointed by the result.

Latest

Trending

Trending