The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

2020 University of Strathclyde applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone going to study Speech and Language in September?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Got an unconditional for sport and physical activity @ Strathclyde, waiting for other unis to get back so I can accept.
Original post by angelacardy
there’s one for freshers, just look up strathclyde 2020

Can somebody review pending requests? I am waiting like a week now to join...
Original post by Anonymous
Can somebody review pending requests? I am waiting like a week now to join...

yeah i’ve been waiting a couple days now too
Reply 184
Hi! Anyone here accepted for MBc Biomedical Science or other microbiology subjects??
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, received offers for Glasgow and Strathclyde, Computer Science. Can't decide which one to firm. Like the sound of both courses and I'm from Glasgow so accommodation/travel not a issue. Was going to make final decision when I attended Offers Days.
Original post by University of Strathclyde
The University is continuing to prepare to welcome our new students in September 2020. We have an FAQ page on our website which will be updated regularly with further details so best to keep an eye on there too - https://www.strath.ac.uk/coronavirus/enquirersapplicantsofferholdersagents/.

We do hope that there wont be any disruption but the University will also notify applicants should alternative arrangements be put in place.

I hope this helps for now but anything else then do let us know.

Karen Robley,
University of Strathclyde Official Rep.

Hi,

I know the website hasn't been updated, but I was wondering if any changes had been made to this?

Dundee University (where I'm hoping to transfer from) have announced a delayed start date (around the 2nd week of October) for the new semester. Have current Strathclyde students been informed of anything similar?

Thank you :h:
Original post by MrsMars
Hi,

I know the website hasn't been updated, but I was wondering if any changes had been made to this?

Dundee University (where I'm hoping to transfer from) have announced a delayed start date (around the 2nd week of October) for the new semester. Have current Strathclyde students been informed of anything similar?

Thank you :h:

Hey @MrsMars,

We're still planning on going ahead with our original dates at this point but if this does change at all then it will indeed be updated on the web and all of our current students, and applicants/offer holders, will be emailed.

Anything else at all then let me know :smile:

Karen
University of Strathclyde Official Rep.
PhD History, start January 2021. Hopefully Covid doesn't stop me from taking it up. I'm from the US and hold 2 MSc degrees from Glasgow University. I'm keen to get back at it.
MSc Design Engineering start September 2020. I’m currently at Queen Mary University of London finishing of my BEng in biomedical engineering.
Is there any chats for students attending this year? Id love to get to know some of my potential peers!!
Original post by annapritchard14
bas anyone got an offer for law recently ?

Yup! Start in September 🥳🥳🥳
Original post by freckbecca
Is there any chats for students attending this year? Id love to get to know some of my potential peers!!

Yup! Start in September 🥳🥳🥳

Hey!

Would you like me to start a law thread for 2020 applicants? If you’ve been chatting to others then feel free to add them into the group :smile:

Melissa- Student Ambassador
Original post by freckbecca

Hey @freckbecca

What are you going to be studying in September?

Melissa- Student Ambasssador
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey!

Would you like me to start a law thread for 2020 applicants? If you’ve been chatting to others then feel free to add them into the group :smile:

Yes, that would be a great idea 🥰

Thank you
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey @freckbecca

What are you going to be studying in September?

Melissa- Student Ambasssador

Hello, is it true that people that aren't part of shielding from coronavirus need to instead move into halls in mid october?
Yes, that would be a great idea 🥰

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous

That's the chat created in the main discussion forum

Hi I have applied and been accepted for a place for BSc Speech and Language Pathology at Strathclyde. Confirmed last week when my results came through. Can't wait to get started!
Original post by nabilakane
Me hopefully! As long as I meet the requirements for my conditional then we’re good!

Bit late to the thread, but same here!! Fingers crossed with results and all. I was worried there weren't any group chats or threads out there for offer holders for Strathclyde so it's nice to actually connect with folk!
Original post by Melslt2be
Hi I have applied and been accepted for a place for BSc Speech and Language Pathology at Strathclyde. Confirmed last week when my results came through. Can't wait to get started!

Fantastic news! I'm waiting on my results for 13th August. SLT bring the route too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending