The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erin04
Aww sorry for being late but I hope it went well! Yes, I did! My interview was back in January though. I think I heard back a week later?

Amazing congrats! Is Aberdeen your first choice? I think it did but the 1-1 was so fast and it’s really hard to tell! You waiting for any other offers?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 181
Original post by GiuliaPip
Yes! I did apply for zoology at Glasgow. Please let me know when you hear something, I'll let you know as well :smile:

That would be great! They only have 2 more months to let us know so not too long now - although I don't think I have that much patience honestly!
Reply 182
Original post by Samcarroll
Amazing congrats! Is Aberdeen your first choice? I think it did but the 1-1 was so fast and it’s really hard to tell! You waiting for any other offers?

Thank you! It's not. It was the first uni I heard back from. It's my fourth choice purely based on how far away it is because it's such a lovely uni. The one on one went by sooo quickly! I'm waiting to hear back from QMU and Stirling. Yourself?
Original post by erin04
Thank you! It's not. It was the first uni I heard back from. It's my fourth choice purely based on how far away it is because it's such a lovely uni. The one on one went by sooo quickly! I'm waiting to hear back from QMU and Stirling. Yourself?

Aww I got an offer from QMU for education studies not the primary course as I didn’t realise there was one! So Aberdeen is my 1st choice and waiting on Strathclyde
Reply 184
Original post by Samcarroll
Aww I got an offer from QMU for education studies not the primary course as I didn’t realise there was one! So Aberdeen is my 1st choice and waiting on Strathclyde

Aww that's a shame! Aberdeen is absolutely stunning. I loved it when I was there for my interview, it's just a shame that it's so far away for me. I hope Strathclyde get back to you soon!
Anyone else attending the Law offer holder day tomorrow??
Original post by bigbruhmoment
Anyone else attending the Law offer holder day tomorrow??

I was going to but because the whole day is compulsory I can’t as I have a driving test :frown: are you?
Original post by gingerrbread17
I was going to but because the whole day is compulsory I can’t as I have a driving test :frown: are you?

I am kinda nervous seems like a full-on day. Good luck with the driving!
I am kinda nervous seems like a full-on day. Good luck with the driving!

Yeah I thought that too! Is Aberdeen your first choice? And thank you!
Yeah I thought that too! Is Aberdeen your first choice? And thank you!

Not sure if Aberdeen is my first choice yet, guess i'll see after tomorrow

Hope the applicant day goes well for you tomorrow and that Aberdeen is able to sell itself well!

It’s a lovely uni, don’t get me wrong, so beautiful and has a good rep - but it’s not my first choice purely because I live here and want to move away. Are you from Aberdeen or?
It’s a lovely uni, don’t get me wrong, so beautiful and has a good rep - but it’s not my first choice purely because I live here and want to move away. Are you from Aberdeen or?

Nah I live a few hours drive away but it's the closest uni to me. My only issue is I'm not the biggest fan of Aberdeen as a city
Nah I live a few hours drive away but it's the closest uni to me. My only issue is I'm not the biggest fan of Aberdeen as a city

Yeah there’s not much here to be fair but for people who don’t want a massive city it’s okay. What do you think of Dundee?
Yeah there’s not much here to be fair but for people who don’t want a massive city it’s okay. What do you think of Dundee?

I'm not the biggest fan of Dundee either tbh but I really regret not applying to Dundee
I'm not the biggest fan of Dundee either tbh but I really regret not applying to Dundee

I mean what’s done is done, but I’m sure you’ll end up somewhere you like if you’re going to open days. I think I will consider Dundee if I don’t get in to Glasgow. Just trying to maintain the mindset that’s what meant to happen will, but the waiting is driving me crazy! Hope you enjoy tomorrow!
I mean what’s done is done, but I’m sure you’ll end up somewhere you like if you’re going to open days. I think I will consider Dundee if I don’t get in to Glasgow. Just trying to maintain the mindset that’s what meant to happen will, but the waiting is driving me crazy! Hope you enjoy tomorrow!

Yeah, I'll find my favourite uni somewhere eventually. Good luck with the Glasgow application and all the rest. You're right the waiting is the worse part of this process. Thank you!
Has anyone heared back for biomedical science?
So I got an unconditional offer for History & International Relations. Has anyone started thinking about accommodation yet? I really want to go for self catered and after looking at the Uni accommodation I’m thinking about going for private one.
Hey, I've recently heard back from the A100 course for medicine and got an unconditional so I've rejected everything else and firmed it. I'm now looking into applying for accommodation but cant seem to find my student ID :/.

Latest