The Student Room Group

Student Bank Accounts

Hey!

I'm a first year student, and I haven't set up a student bank account. I'm thinking of choosing between HSBC and Santander, which are both very similiar in what they offer. However, Santander offers a railcard, and HSBC offers £100. As I don't travel, the £100 is a whole lot more attractive to me.
However, I have heard bad things about HSBC's customer service, but that Santander's is pretty good.

Would it be possible for me to open a bank account with HSBC to receive the £100, and after a month move to Santander?

Thanks!
Original post by DandelionLeaf
Hey!

I'm a first year student, and I haven't set up a student bank account. I'm thinking of choosing between HSBC and Santander, which are both very similiar in what they offer. However, Santander offers a railcard, and HSBC offers £100. As I don't travel, the £100 is a whole lot more attractive to me.
However, I have heard bad things about HSBC's customer service, but that Santander's is pretty good.

Would it be possible for me to open a bank account with HSBC to receive the £100, and after a month move to Santander?

Thanks!

Read the rules - you may have to keep the account for a while.

My Dad had a lot of problems with Santander ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending