Laurawolf3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in my second month of Year 11 and I'm starting to freak out already because I'm feeling so burnt out from last year that I'm procrastinating more than usual. Additionally I'm not sure what revision techniques work for me and I'm struggling to learn content in subjects mainly GCSE AQA Geography and GCSE Edexcel Computer Science.

I don't understand how to revise AQA Geography because there are so many case studies and I haven't even done all the modules yet! Also statistics 😵!!

In Computer Science it's more or less similar in that I'm unable to remember all the keywords.

Any advice?

I've already tried praying to the Grade Boundary God but so far I'm still having mental breakdowns.
FionaMacrae
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had a draining ongoing battle with AQA Geography. There is so much content and so little time! I found that making mind maps for each case study really helped me to revise. I did branches for short term effects, long term effects, causes, etc. The tables and worksheets my teacher provided didn't work for me, and moving the information to a new format helped me to process it. Highlight the statistics and information so that they draw your attention.

I got an 8 in Geography after a 5 in my mocks, so I swear it works! Also, I completely made up the statistics in the exam - according to my paper there are 12 international airports around London and 80,000 deaths from Typhoon Haiyan. They aren't the be all end all!
Laurawolf3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by FionaMacrae)
I had a draining ongoing battle with AQA Geography. There is so much content and so little time! I found that making mind maps for each case study really helped me to revise. I did branches for short term effects, long term effects, causes, etc. The tables and worksheets my teacher provided didn't work for me, and moving the information to a new format helped me to process it. Highlight the statistics and information so that they draw your attention.

I got an 8 in Geography after a 5 in my mocks, so I swear it works! Also, I completely made up the statistics in the exam - according to my paper there are 12 international airports around London and 80,000 deaths from Typhoon Haiyan. They aren't the be all end all!
How do you revise off making mindmaps? Because I tried making a few in Year 10 and then sat there thinking "okay now what do I do with them?" 😂
FionaMacrae
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Laurawolf3)
How do you revise off making mindmaps? Because I tried making a few in Year 10 and then sat there thinking "okay now what do I do with them?" 😂
It's mostly the process of making them that helps me, but I find it very helpful to see all the info on the same page. I used it like other people use tables - testing myself on the three main causes and then any key statistics or numbers, that kind of thing, and just looking over it. It's hard to explain...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise