Starting A-Levels at 19.

Watch this thread
JoshAlfano
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am looking to get back into Education and start my A-Levels. I started them a few years ago but had to leave due to personal reasons. But now I want to start again and see if it is possible. I am working part time and wanted to see if I could study part time too. If anyone could give me any information or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Last edited by JoshAlfano; 2 years ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JoshAlfano)
I am looking to get back into Education and start my A-Levels. I started them a few years ago but had to leave due to personal reasons. But now I want to start again and see if it is possible. I am working part time and wanted to see if I could study part time too. If anyone could give me any information or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
You can try your local college.
A levels after school and in college are increasingly rare as they are rarely taught. Colleges tend to focus on the Access course for uni entrance.

That leaves the most common routes to be.
1. Self taught.- buy textbooks look at spec etc. Exam fees+ centre fee+ books + practicals or aurals and orals fee.
2. Pay for an online course. About £450 per A level just for notes and some tutor support. Does not include practicals.
Cloud learn being an example.
https://cloudlearn.co.uk/Courses/Onl...el-Courses/101
3. Pay for private college. Thousands of £.
4. Do an alternative like an Access to He course. Can get a loan for.
https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/

If you are self studying or distance learning then you can choose when to sit the A level.
Be aware of all the costs.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JoshAlfano)
Rather than A levels, your local college may well offer Access courses which are a good alternative. They are designed for people aged 19+ who have been out of education for a while and after one year, people progress straight onto uni degree courses. You do need English & Maths GCSE at grade 4 though.
JoshAlfano
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
harrysbar that sounds good! I have emailed local colleges and I'm looking out for anything at the moment. I passed English and Maths at a Grade 5 so that's all good. Thank you so much for your reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads