The Student Room Group

looking younger then your age

I was just wondering are people less likely to date people who look younger then their age.
Original post by Anonymous
I was just wondering are people less likely to date people who look younger then their age.

??
Reply 2
Original post by DeseanDwyer
??

?????
Reply 3
Original post by DeseanDwyer
??

what i mean issssssss would you date someone who was like i dont know 18 but this person looked 12 i get personality is better then looks but am just interested in peoples views on this.
what i mean issssssss would you date someone who was like i dont know 18 but this person looked 12 i get personality is better then looks but am just interested in peoples views on this.

If they looked 12?????????????
Attachment not found
All jokes aside, yeah but
Reply 6

I am a male who looks significantly younger than their age [people are typically about 10yrs out when making an unsolicited guess] and I find looking younger than my age has quite a large impact on dating.

Women typically prefer men older than them, and are more attracted to them. How much older varies from woman to woman. Some women will entertain the notion of dating a guy a few yrs younger but they tend to be less attracted to these men than if they were older. The impact of looking so young means a lot of women your own age write you off from the getgo because you "look" significantly younger than them. The ones that are open to it, typically are not as strongly attracted to you as they ought to be [as you look younger than them]

What this means if you want a woman your age you have to lower your standards to make up for the fact your market value [demand for your look] is lower amounst these women.

but then you get a lot of girls who are too young for you showing much more interest as your market value is higher to them, and thus you get much better looking younger girls showing interest. but they are too young, and even if they're not too young [legally] they're still often too young as realistically you don't really go seeking for a long term relationship with a girl who is miles younger than you
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
I am a male who looks significantly younger than their age [people are typically about 10yrs out when making an unsolicited guess] and I find looking younger than my age has quite a large impact on dating.

Women typically prefer men older than them, and are more attracted to them. How much older varies from woman to woman. Some women will entertain the notion of dating a guy a few yrs younger but they tend to be less attracted to these men than if they were older. The impact of looking so young means a lot of women your own age write you off from the getgo because you "look" significantly younger than them. The ones that are open to it, typically are not as strongly attracted to you as they ought to be [as you look younger than them]

What this means if you want a woman your age you have to lower your standards to make up for the fact your market value [demand for your look] is lower amounst these women.

but then you get a lot of girls who are too young for you showing much more interest as your market value is higher to them, and thus you get much better looking younger girls showing interest. but they are too young, and even if they're not too young [legally] they're still often too young as realistically you don't really go seeking for a long term relationship with a girl who is miles younger than you

very interesting thank you for sharing
Reply 8
It happens sometimes, women do tend to like older men, I am a 19 year old guy (will be 20 soon), I am 6 feet tall with more than average muscles on me, like I did not notice I had this large shoulder build until 2 of my friends (one 5 feet 9 inches and other 5 feet 11 inches) wore my t-shirt at the same time and they both perfectly got fit in it. I can grow a noticeable beard in 6-8 weeks but I shave every 1 or 2 weeks. My flat mate at uni who is 18 asked me how old I am and was shocked by how old I actually am, there were a couple of friends in my class who are younger than me but still looked older and even when I go for job interviews I am asked if I am 18+ or not and when I tell them I am 19, they say you don't look 19 though. My mum and dad who are 48 and 49 1/2 look like they are 35-ish and 38-ish respectively. I even have a cousin who is 20 years old but she looks like 12-14.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending