?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hell nay :mob:
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
British version of Trump. But on top of words like cheating, lying, scheming, cheating, lying, self interested, money grabbing, selfish, lying and cheating, you could legitimately use buffoon to describe him.

Like Trump, the only person Johnson cares about is himself. Leader of our country? I think not.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Slimy Eton boy treating politics and Brexit like a game of chess with the sole aim of fulfilling his engorged ego becoming PM, hell even May seems like a saint now lol
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pretty much all he's talked about since becoming Tory leader in July has been either about Brexit, the 20000 new police he's promised, and investing in schools and the NHS. He's rarely talked about anything else and his speeches are composed of short soundbites designed to appeal to the authoritarian populist demographic. A number of his policies seem to remind me of those UKIP had before the referendum.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Persoanally I think hes pretty far away from my political ideal...

But societally I think he is playing an important role in the brexit saga - we would be in a better possition right now if he had been the leader right after the referendum instead of May.
RJDG14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only because of how dogmatic he is on "getting Brexit done".
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
Persoanally I think hes pretty far away from my political ideal...

But societally I think he is playing an important role in the brexit saga - we would be in a better possition right now if he had been the leader right after the referendum instead of May.
This ^
Cantab_UCL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Surprised by many of the comments in this thread.

The prime minister is acting on the will of the people, it's as simple as that really. 17.4 million people voted to leave, and this should absolutely be honoured. If he's demonstrating a ruthless streak, part of it can be explained by the antics of a remainers in parliament seeking to obstruct democracy.

The notion that we should now have another referendum is simply bizarre and is only peddled by those who wish to be servants of Europe. I'm amazed that people are fearful of being free and sovereign. Have some optimism for crying out loud.

The Labour Party under Corbyn is a sitting duck in the forthcoming general election (especially in the north).
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
Only because of how dogmatic he is on "getting Brexit done".
exactly.. its what we need. If he succeeds in getting it done, great. If he fails and we remain, great. But either way we needed someone who was going to push this to its conclusion so that we can move past it. May would have kicked the can further and further down the road, delay after delay, for as long as she could, yet with boris, for all his flaws we are now potentially nearing an end. Its either all in or all out, one side will win, and we can avoid it completely or see if its a disaster, and move past it.

The reality for those who support remain, as I did in the first election, is that actually Boris has brought us closer to remaining than May ever did.. His devisiveness as has now forced an election, and is forcing Labour and the lib dems further towards remain.. Hes the best thing for remain in years.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hes not my first pick.
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nay. A million times nay.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Despite being a Tory I neither consider him a fit and proper person to be PM nor especially talented politically.

With that being said he learnt the correct lesson from the Euro and council elections which is that Brexit must be achieved and I am quite happy to back him until that endeavour is achieved.
markova21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think he's highly entertaining, and what the media like to call Box Office. I'm a die-hard Brexiteer; have been my whole life since I was about 16 ( I'm now 51), so it's not as if I have just recently jumped on the Brexit bandwagon. At this moment in time, I honestly think he is the right person, and the ONLY person to get the job done. I think he has too many flaws and skeletons in his closet to make a success of being PM long-term. But if he can get us out; preferably with a deal, then i'll be happy enough. ( I do confess to actually having a bit of a crush on the man though. I don't think Boris is attractive at all. But there's something about his personality. I can certainly see why women fall for him).
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He's a strong leader, which I admire. Good leaders are either loved or hated.

I might not agree with his policies, but he's clear about his objectives, passionate, he doesn't take any rubbish and voters know where he stands (which can't be said about the previous prime minister).

Providing he delivers Brexit by the 31st October 2019, I think he'll be ok.
Last edited by Pencil; 4 weeks ago
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i don't care but i voted for him xdd
Kitten in boots
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He has a track record of dishonesty and financial mismanagement. He comes across as weak, he flounders and deflects when asked direct questions. He certainly is not a details man, which implies he is lazy. He is a man motivated by naked ambition with very few genuine convictions. The accusations regarding his dealings with Arcuri suggest he is corrupt.

In short, he is a man of exceptional mediocrity. He would not survive in many jobs, let alone rise to the top. That he has risen so far in the Conservative party explains why I would never vote for such a party.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Cantab_UCL)
The prime minister is acting on the will of the people, it's as simple as that really.
17.4 million people voted to leave,
Maths not your strong point then? ("The people", ie.adult population, is 46million)

the antics of a remainers in parliament seeking to obstruct democracy.
You mean, a sovereign parliament acting in the best interests of the people - as it it supposed to do.

The notion that we should now have another referendum is simply bizarre
Why?

and is only peddled by those who wish to be servants of Europe.
So you admit that a referendum now (after nearly 4 years and a completely changed playing field from the last one) would return a Remain result.

I'm amazed that people are fearful of being free and sovereign.
Explain how the UK is neither free nor sovereign now. (References to dishonest and debunked Leave campaign propaganda will merely insure ridicule and mockery.)

The Labour Party under Corbyn is a sitting duck in the forthcoming general election (especially in the north).
I agree that Labour would be in a commanding position if they had a pro-Remain rather than a pro-Leave leader.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pencil)
He's a strong leader, which I admire. Good leaders are either loved or hated.
I might not agree with his policies, but he's clear about his objectives, passionate, he doesn't take any rubbish and voters know where he stands (which can't be said about the previous prime minister).
You could have said the same about Hitler. Not really a reason to support or even respect him.
RJDG14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by markova21)
I think he's highly entertaining, and what the media like to call Box Office. I'm a die-hard Brexiteer; have been my whole life since I was about 16 ( I'm now 51), so it's not as if I have just recently jumped on the Brexit bandwagon. At this moment in time, I honestly think he is the right person, and the ONLY person to get the job done. I think he has too many flaws and skeletons in his closet to make a success of being PM long-term. But if he can get us out; preferably with a deal, then i'll be happy enough. ( I do confess to actually having a bit of a crush on the man though. I don't think Boris is attractive at all. But there's something about his personality. I can certainly see why women fall for him).
It would be interesting hearing why you disagreed with Britain being a member of the Common Market in the 1970s, as it was basically little more than a free trade agreement back then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (243)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (57)
12.67%
20-25 years old (yes) (74)
16.44%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.33%