lilyxupton
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have always struggled with science and have always struggled with Chemistry in particular,currently Chemistry is one of my worst subjects! I have always struggled to revise for chemistry and when i try to take practice papers sometimes i can't even do them because i don't know how too.Any effective ways or help on how to revise Chemistry would be Great.I take Combined Science-Higher.I also have a huge memory problem and its one of the worst things! So anything to help with memory and how to remember things would be a massive help.
Thank you!!
sophiathesecond
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Never related to a post more! I am terrible at Chemistry and my grades for Chemistry are really letting me down because I get good grades in everything else, but since I am in year 11 now I need to switch things up, and something which has helped me is the My GCSE Science website, you do need to pay for it, but it is genuinely worth the money! Plus if you don't get an 8 you get your money back Free options include Seneca which I prefer for Biology hope this helps
BioCap
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As it already has been said, Seneca is an option, a good one at that.

Taking notes while watching videos is also helpful since you have both audio and visuals (''auditory encoding is better than visual encoding'' Yelled the psychology GCSE students from their GCSE hell). The Holy Trinity that I recommend are Freesciencelessons (literally exam specifications incarnate), Primrose Kitten (nice lady who sugar-coats the exam and explains it to you in long videos) and SciShow's Crash Course ('muricans that cover a lot of GCSE stuff in a fun way).

Another way of revision is associating key concepts in science with easy-to-remember stuff from the real world (such as KFC -keep, flip, change- in maths for fraction division).

I don't actually have any memory problems regarding science revision and all so bear with me here but I hope you find your revision ways soon either way :P
lilyxupton
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophiathesecond)
Never related to a post more! I am terrible at Chemistry and my grades for Chemistry are really letting me down because I get good grades in everything else, but since I am in year 11 now I need to switch things up, and something which has helped me is the My GCSE Science website, you do need to pay for it, but it is genuinely worth the money! Plus if you don't get an 8 you get your money back Free options include Seneca which I prefer for Biology hope this helps
Thank you so much! And yes it has! I use Seneca as well! And if you wouldn't mind what website is it that you use??
lilyxupton
Rep:
?
(Original post by BioCap)
As it already has been said, Seneca is an option, a good one at that.

Taking notes while watching videos is also helpful since you have both audio and visuals (''auditory encoding is better than visual encoding'' Yelled the psychology GCSE students from their GCSE hell). The Holy Trinity that I recommend are Freesciencelessons (literally exam specifications incarnate), Primrose Kitten (nice lady who sugar-coats the exam and explains it to you in long videos) and SciShow's Crash Course ('muricans that cover a lot of GCSE stuff in a fun way).

Another way of revision is associating key concepts in science with easy-to-remember stuff from the real world (such as KFC -keep, flip, change- in maths for fraction division).

I don't actually have any memory problems regarding science revision and all so bear with me here but I hope you find your revision ways soon either way :P
Thank you so much for your help! And i will let you know if things start to change!
BioCap
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lilyxupton)
Thank you so much for your help! And i will let you know if things start to change!
Please do, may you get all 9s in your GCSEs ;^)
sophiathesecond
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lilyxupton)
Thank you so much! And yes it has! I use Seneca as well! And if you wouldn't mind what website is it that you use??
https://www.my-gcsescience.com/

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%