The Student Room Group

how do i get a boyfriend?

This sounds pathetic but I've NEVER had a boyfriend before. Not even in year 1 for example. It sounds silly but no one has EVER likes me before. i know 'year 7 relationships' don't usually last but my sister came from a primary school where she knew no one from her secondary school yet she has a boyfriend 4 WEEKS in. I had the same situation moving into secondary school knowing no one, yet 4 YEARS in, I have had a boyfriend nor someone who even likes me.

I'm talking to a boy on snapchat who doesn't go to my school but he is really nice on text and he asked if we wanted to meet. I'm nervous as well because I have never got with a boy or even kissed someone with meaning.

I'm very self conscious in the way I look so getting a boyfriend has always been a struggle.

Is there any advice anyone can give me for meeting up with this boy and how to act or ways to get someone to like me.

Scroll to see replies

Be yourself,when I go on a date I'm there to have a good time. I don't try and get them to like me. As long as I'm having a nice time everything else falls into place itself.

Let everything happen naturally, don't force it.
(edited 4 years ago)
They should like you for who you are otherwise they obviously aren’t for you. Also going to uni and into work and being an adult will open so many new doors into finding new people. Ive also never had a boyfriend🙄 wish I knew boys. How’d you get to know him?
Reply 3
Original post by DeseanDwyer
Be yourself,when I go on a date I'm there to have a good time. I don't try and get them to like me. As long as I'm having a nice time everything else falls into place itself.

Let everything happen naturally, don't force it.

yeah but i don't go on 'dates'. the boys in my year just want nudes and bj's.

I want a proper boyfriend and it's really hard to find one,
Indeed. Just be yourself, you will find the rest will fall into place if it is meant to be.
Being that it is your first date, if you meet, meet in a public place, and let somebody know where it is, you cant be to sure these days.
Original post by Anonymous
yeah but i don't go on 'dates'. the boys in my year just want nudes and bj's.

I want a proper boyfriend and it's really hard to find one,

A date doesn't have to be somewhere like a restaurant or cinema. It can also be in a park, at their house.. anywhere.
How do you know that's all they want? You can't judge "the boys in your year" by a few idiots.
Reply 6
Original post by Isabelpayne200
They should like you for who you are otherwise they obviously aren’t for you. Also going to uni and into work and being an adult will open so many new doors into finding new people. Ive also never had a boyfriend🙄 wish I knew boys. How’d you get to know him?

we have mutual friends. im in year 10 and all my friends have boyfriends and have got with boys countless times. whats the trick? i dont wanna be counted as a slut but i wanna be with boys. im just too scared.
we have mutual friends. im in year 10 and all my friends have boyfriends and have got with boys countless times. whats the trick? i dont wanna be counted as a slut but i wanna be with boys. im just too scared.

They don't want a boyfriend because everyone else has one.
So you're what, 15? This is not a concern. Teenage boys are mostly terrible.
Reply 9
im 15 and i know it isn't the most importnat thing to be stressed about right now with my gcses soon but it makes me feel down and like im not pretty.
Original post by DeseanDwyer
A date doesn't have to be somewhere like a restaurant or cinema. It can also be in a park, at their house.. anywhere.
How do you know that's all they want? You can't judge "the boys in your year" by a few idiots.

a lot of the 'fit' boys in my school and disctrict just want that. and the ones who don't look for nudes dont want a relationship.
Reply 11
You can go to a club or a bar, lots of boys want to meet girls there.
a lot of the 'fit' boys in my school and disctrict just want that. and the ones who don't look for nudes dont want a relationship.

Lol.
Original post by Deggs_14
You can go to a club or a bar, lots of boys want to meet girls there.

im 15, what can i do at my age.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
So you're what, 15? This is not a concern. Teenage boys are mostly terrible.

i know but how comes the popular girls have boys running after them. it just doesnt make sense
thats very true and i understand. its just so hard being a teenager and livng up to it all
i know but how comes the popular girls have boys running after them. it just doesnt make sense

popular -> more interactions with people in general -> more interactions with the boys

Numbers game
Original post by Retired_Messiah
popular -> more interactions with people in general -> more interactions with the boys

Numbers game

its so unfair how the 'popular girls' get it all.
Reply 18
Not having a boyfriend in year 1 shouldn't even be an example, that's a very weird thing to say.
its so unfair how the 'popular girls' get it all.

You're spending a lot of time comparing yourself to other people for the sole purpose of yeeting on your own self esteem.

Your status as single isn't anybody's fault. It's just the circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending