Karen56x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone else self teach themselves a levels and if so what a levels? And are you just buying revision books, using websites and making notes etc and then book the exams at an exam Centre in 2 years time. Is that how it works? Just thought I’d make sure
wazzupitsme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Karen56x)
Does anyone else self teach themselves a levels and if so what a levels? And are you just buying revision books, using websites and making notes etc and then book the exams at an exam Centre in 2 years time. Is that how it works? Just thought I’d make sure
I self-studied my AS-Level Economics because my school didn't permit students more than 4 AS-Level subjects and now I'm continuing self-studying my A-Level Economics papers as well. I did order the recommended textbooks and revision guides and went through scores and scores of videos to understand some topics and diagrams.

I didn't plan on writing all the papers at once so I'd split them up into their AS and A Level portions and written the relevant papers when I'd completed the first half this year and next year I'll complete the remaining papers. Lots of people choose to write all the papers at once at the end of 2 years but personally I find it to be a tough task. And yes, you'll have to book the exams at an exam centre when you're ready.

Hope this was helpful! Which subjects are you planning to self-study?
Karen56x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you for sharing and I’m planning on self studying psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (297)
55.93%
I don't have everything I need (234)
44.07%

Watched Threads