Want more information about this university?
Thomp0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, what's the nightlife for people at the medway campus like? I've seen a few posts on here but they were from years ago.
Also is it possible to go out at night in Canterbury when living on the Medway campus? When do the buses stop running?
Finally, am I able to ride the Uni of Greenwich buses to Greenwich as Kent student?
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Thomp0)
Hi, what's the nightlife for people at the medway campus like? I've seen a few posts on here but they were from years ago.
Also is it possible to go out at night in Canterbury when living on the Medway campus? When do the buses stop running?
Finally, am I able to ride the Uni of Greenwich buses to Greenwich as Kent student?
Hi there
I'm currently studying at the University of Kent but on the Canterbury campus so my knowledge of Medway is quite limited unfortunately, but I'll answer what I can!
Medway nightlife is admittedly slightly sleepier than nightlife in Canterbury for example, just because it is a smaller town. There is still quite a lot to do in Medway in terms of shopping, eating, things to do, and places to go out. I'd recommend checking out the GKUnions website where they have a little guide on social life in Medway including a map of places to eat/drink/see which could be quite useful. Here is the link.
The Deep End is the student unions' restaurant/bar which is really popular with University of Kent students and is open late most nights and often holds student events.
There's nothing stopping you going to Canterbury for a night out if you're studying in Medway. The free campus shuttle runs until midnight on weekdays and until 2am on Sunday mornings. You can use the University of Greenwich busses as a University of Kent student but you are limited to what type of ticket you can buy. There are alternative busses running the same routes though so could be worth checking out a general bus timetable.
I hope that helps answer your questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.08%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (97)
29.85%

Watched Threads