How long does it take to get offers on UCAS? Watch

KingKlaudiia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Im sending off my application soon and was wondering roughly how long it takes for offers to come through? I get it varies from person to person but is there a standard waiting time before people start getting offers?
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It will completely depend on the university. There is a thread where people have been putting up the date they have applied and when they start to recieve acknowledgements and offers.
louisaharkness
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Some universities wait until the deadline, so they can consider all qpplucqhra equally-so, January 12th.
Others make rolling offers, so they give them out all year. You should be able to find this information online.
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I applied last year early October, had an offer as early as the end of October and as late as mid March, so it compelty depends on the uni's and course. Just expect to hear back between when you apply and May the deadline for accepting offers. I acctualy waited 6 months between receiving my last offer and the previous offer, so be patient
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It varies between a matter of hours for the quickest and 6 months for the slowest.

Check out the Fastest & Slowest offers thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6141704), as well as a thread I've made showing all the offers I know about so far (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6177978).

These are the unis and courses which I know had made offers by midnight today:

Birmingham --- Economics, History
Bristol --- Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Geology with Year Abroad, History
Cardiff --- English Literature
Exeter --- Classical Studies, History (x2), Law (x2), Mathematics, Sociology and Anthropology
Glasgow --- Classics, English Literature
Leeds --- Computer Science, Economics and Politics
Leicester --- Applied Psychology
Lincoln --- Applied Social Care
Liverpool --- Aerospace, Biological and Medical Sciences, Law
Manchester --- Law (x3), Law with International Study, Mathematics, Politics and International Relations, Politics and Modern History, Politics and Social Anthropology, Politics Philosophy and Economics
Newcastle --- Biomedical Sciences, Law, Mathematics and Statistics, Mathematics with Finance, Politics and History
Nottingham --- Politics and International Relations, Psychology
Royal Holloway --- Classical Studies, History, Psychology
Sheffield Hallam --- Applied Social Care
Southampton --- Sociology and Anthropology
Sussex --- Anthropology and Spanish
Swansea --- History, Medical Pharmacology
Warwick --- Biomedical Sciences, Classical Civilisation with Study in Europe, Computer Science, Economics, Electronic Engineering, German and Economics, Mathematics (x2), Mathematics and Physics (x2), Physics
York --- Biochemistry, English
username3027362
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by KingKlaudiia)
Im sending off my application soon and was wondering roughly how long it takes for offers to come through? I get it varies from person to person but is there a standard waiting time before people start getting offers?
Typically I got an offer back within 2 months however for my first choice I didn’t get a reply till after the deadline. I had to call the university and they sent me an offer after approx 3 days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (164)
61.19%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.1%
No- I want it (74)
27.61%
No- I don't want it (19)