Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all,

I am currently on a gap year, hoping to do the following:
- resit my a levels
- apply for medicine
- work
- successfully take part in the ICS programme!

I am due to attend an ICS selection day this week in London. Is anyone else in my position?

To the others on a gap year, what are you getting up to? I’d love to make new friends!
imo__o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m taking a gap year! working as a Chemistry Teaching Assistant in a London secondary school. I wanna apply for Natural Sciences this year.
Goldiepop
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
(Original post by imo__o)
I’m taking a gap year! working as a Chemistry Teaching Assistant in a London secondary school. I wanna apply for Natural Sciences this year.
Ace! Congrats on nailing a TA position - it’ll defo help your personal statement & keep you busy. Did a lot of your friends go off to uni this year? If so how are you finding it? Personally I’m feeling a little more lonely!
imo__o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Goldiepop)
Ace! Congrats on nailing a TA position - it’ll defo help your personal statement & keep you busy. Did a lot of your friends go off to uni this year? If so how are you finding it? Personally I’m feeling a little more lonely!
Weirdly most of my friends stayed in London for uni which I didn’t expect when I decided to take a gap year haha. Like three of my friends went to unis super far away from me and I’m visiting one of them next week but I do miss them.
I could definitely tell once everyone started uni that less and less people talked to each other which is a shame. I’m lucky that 3 of my friends also decided to take a gap year. How about you?
Goldiepop
Rep:
?
All of my friends have spread out for uni, im the only one taking a gap year out of us! A few of my friends are in Leicester and a couple are in London and the rest are dotted around the uk (my closest one being in Scotland!) but I’ve planned trips to leicester & london for within the next month - but it’s a lot to adjust to, not having them nearby ! My friendship group is kind of distancing too but it is nice seeing them all thrive in their new places
JJackson249
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I’m on a gap year and I’m doing ICS too! The interview day is honestly weirdly so much fun 😂 Good luck for it!
Goldiepop
Rep:
?
(Original post by JJackson249)
Hey, I’m on a gap year and I’m doing ICS too! The interview day is honestly weirdly so much fun 😂 Good luck for it!
Thanks! I hope I enjoy it as much as you did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (133)
69.63%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
18.85%
Yes but I might change my mind (22)
11.52%

Watched Threads