Can I get another interview with Imperial if I can't attend the date they give? Watch

Ventus25
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This may be a dumb question but hear me out. I've got an interview with Imperial but I've also got an admissions assessment on the same day. So I need to cancel the interview but I'm not sure if I'll get another because of the weird way they have worded their email. I just wanna make sure that I do get another interview.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ventus25)
This may be a dumb question but hear me out. I've got an interview with Imperial but I've also got an admissions assessment on the same day. So I need to cancel the interview but I'm not sure if I'll get another because of the weird way they have worded their email. I just wanna make sure that I do get another interview.
How have they worded the email? It is up to them. Maybe is the answer for now.
anon.student00
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Send them an email asking if they can have you on another interview day - there's usually more than 1 interview day and some departments do interview weeks, so they might be able to move you to a different day within the week. If not, they may offer you the option of a Skype interview or they might send you a technical question or essay sort of thing for you to do (probably the same question that international students get given or questions that you would've been asked to do at the interview). These were the options that I was given as an aero eng applicant last year as my interview date coincided with exams - I just asked for my interview to be moved to a day within their interview week when I had the least number of exams and they were perfectly happy to accommodate this. I was given an offer so don't feel that requesting a change in your interview date is automatically going to prevent you from getting an offer.
Hope this helps!
Ventus25
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
How have they worded the email? It is up to them. Maybe is the answer for now.
Actually I've just re-read the email, and I think it's fine, I missed out the part where it said can't be rescheduled on the day. They just wanted if I can or can't attend. So it could be a maybe. Thanks anyway
Ventus25
Rep:
?
(Original post by anon.student00)
Send them an email asking if they can have you on another interview day - there's usually more than 1 interview day and some departments do interview weeks, so they might be able to move you to a different day within the week. If not, they may offer you the option of a Skype interview or they might send you a technical question or essay sort of thing for you to do (probably the same question that international students get given or questions that you would've been asked to do at the interview). These were the options that I was given as an aero eng applicant last year as my interview date coincided with exams - I just asked for my interview to be moved to a day within their interview week when I had the least number of exams and they were perfectly happy to accommodate this. I was given an offer so don't feel that requesting a change in your interview date is automatically going to prevent you from getting an offer.
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (116)
63.39%
No (67)
36.61%

Watched Threads