Why does she tell me when she has a large family and circle of friends? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm female and so is she, she tells me things about her personal life and how she struggles with anxiety and other things, she keeps me informed with how things are going in her life and I try my best to be there for her.
But i think to myself, why me? Why does she feel she can tell me things such as her parents being in denial of her sexuality, her not doing well in exams and so on. She is a really nice person in general, very caring and emotional.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is it a problem that she shares these things with you? Do you feel she's offloading and it's not reciprocated?

It just sounds like she is comfortable with telling you quite personal things; she finds you a good listener, empathetic, non-judgemental, any number of good qualities. I have a large family and circle of friends, and whilst I would share news widely, if I needed something doing there are certain people I would ask in certain circumstances as some are more practical than others. Think of a group of friends like a committee; you might all meet up together, but you've got different roles within the group and bring different things to the table.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm female and so is she, she tells me things about her personal life and how she struggles with anxiety and other things, she keeps me informed with how things are going in her life and I try my best to be there for her.
But i think to myself, why me? Why does she feel she can tell me things such as her parents being in denial of her sexuality, her not doing well in exams and so on. She is a really nice person in general, very caring and emotional.
The clue is in your post. She finds that some members of her family are not understanding of how she naturally is as a person. It is quite common for people to find that their best friends are not actually members of their family. Sometimes, family members can be quite toxic!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (203)
62.08%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.67%
No- I want it (89)
27.22%
No- I don't want it (23)
7.03%

Watched Threads