kr_1449
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to ask what Uni folk would recommend for me. I am torn between Edinburgh and Strathclyde, I'm looking for some advice. Please don't hesitate to message me to pass on information. Thank you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Apply to both, visit both if you can, see whether you get offers from both THEN decide which suits you best
KrisRyb1449
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the reply, I’ve been to both Universities for open days and I had a good look about. Offer wise I put in a “pre-application” in with Edinburgh and they came back to me saying “yes likely unconditional offer”. I assume Strathclyde will be the same or wanting me to get another A, so grade wise I’m fine it’s just I would like to get advise on the university it’s self it’s reputation, opportunities etc. Thank you for much for your reply
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi kr_1449,

That's great that you are interested in Strathclyde! I'm sure you'd have a great time here studying with us

I would say the open days are a perfect way of getting to know a university so I hope you found them both worthwhile! I guess it will depend on what institution you can see yourself studying with really as you will find each will have a different "feel" to it. Strathclyde is very much right in the heart of Glasgow and it really is an exciting place for students to live and study in.

Here at Strathclyde we're really proud of the fact that our Architecture department has been ranked Number 1 in Scotland by the Complete University guide and we are also in the UK's top 5. 100% of our Architecture students are in employment 6 months after they finish and we have a rating of 92% in our overall student satisfaction. So it really does speak volumes!

You can ofcourse choose both Edinburgh and Strathclyde as a choice on your UCAS application and then make your final "firm" and "insurance" choice at a later date but best of luck with whatever you decide!

Karen Robley
University of Strathclyde Official Rep.
kr_1449
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hi kr_1449,

That's great that you are interested in Strathclyde! I'm sure you'd have a great time here studying with us

I would say the open days are a perfect way of getting to know a university so I hope you found them both worthwhile! I guess it will depend on what institution you can see yourself studying with really as you will find each will have a different "feel" to it. Strathclyde is very much right in the heart of Glasgow and it really is an exciting place for students to live and study in.

Here at Strathclyde we're really proud of the fact that our Architecture department has been ranked Number 1 in Scotland by the Complete University guide and we are also in the UK's top 5. 100% of our Architecture students are in employment 6 months after they finish and we have a rating of 92% in our overall student satisfaction. So it really does speak volumes!

You can ofcourse choose both Edinburgh and Strathclyde as a choice on your UCAS application and then make your final "firm" and "insurance" choice at a later date but best of luck with whatever you decide!

Karen Robley
Thank you very much for your reply, I really enjoyed the Strathclyde University open day it really gave me a good "feel" for the place. Personally I think I'm edging towards Strathclyde more due to it's great reputation but also the city just seems very interesting and I place I think I could begin to call home.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kr_1449)
Thank you very much for your reply, I really enjoyed the Strathclyde University open day it really gave me a good "feel" for the place. Personally I think I'm edging towards Strathclyde more due to it's great reputation but also the city just seems very interesting and I place I think I could begin to call home.
That's so great to hear! Hopefully we will be seeing you on campus in the near future in that case

Karen Robley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Harper Adams University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 17 Nov '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (132)
18.59%
Labour (303)
42.68%
Liberal Democrats (141)
19.86%
Green Party (40)
5.63%
Brexit Party (20)
2.82%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.28%
SNP (9)
1.27%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.85%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.14%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.14%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)