Should the Medieval Warm Period be taught in schools? Watch

peacock99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The Medieval Warm period (900 A.D. to 1300 A.D.) was a period during which the global temperature reached a level of 1 degree Centigrade warmer than today. There was also a Roman Warm Period 250 B.C. to 400 A.D. I suspect that it is not taught because it is a spanner in the works when teaching fake geography such as man-made global warming (changed to climate change when the global temperature began to drop).
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

clearly, the temperature difference then is much smaller than now, and occurred over a longer period of time.

Maybe take off your tin-foil hat, I think your brain is finished cooking
peacock99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Falsified data. Ice cores show that the temperature in the year 1000 AD was warmer than today.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes... and it was a time of prosperity. Grapes and fruit flourished in abundance.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no doubt there was an irritating medieval child giving it plenty and blaming the wool trade for "thise abominable greate increse of hottnesse in the Realme"
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by the bear)
no doubt there was an irritating medieval child giving it plenty and blaming the wool trade for "thise abominable greate increse of hottnesse in the Realme"
What? It was welcomed and we basked in a climate which could finally grow more than turnips. The plague finally knocked our new found prosperity on the head when the winters no longer killed fleas.
Jjj90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by peacock99)
The Medieval Warm period (900 A.D. to 1300 A.D.) was a period during which the global temperature reached a level of 1 degree Centigrade warmer than today. There was also a Roman Warm Period 250 B.C. to 400 A.D. I suspect that it is not taught because it is a spanner in the works when teaching fake geography such as man-made global warming (changed to climate change when the global temperature began to drop).
Where is the spanner in the works? Nobody denies that there have been periods of warming and cooling in the past and there having been periods in warming and cooling in the past in no way proves or disproves man made climate change.

Do yourself a favor and do a bit of reading on empiricism and critical thinking - until you do so I suggest you leave specific topics alone because you obviously lack the ability to think objectively and with clarity.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by peacock99)
Pray tell why we should believe your claims over those who are actually learned on the subject?
Marcus...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The period is actually taught on the UK Edexcel Geography A-level spec.
MonkeyChunks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)

clearly, the temperature difference then is much smaller than now, and occurred over a longer period of time.

Maybe take off your tin-foil hat, I think your brain is finished cooking
Why not use the original IPCC AR1 and earlier, MWP graph? MWP as it used to be before they tried to kil it off
MonkeyChunks
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jjj90)
Where is the spanner in the works? Nobody denies that there have been periods of warming and cooling in the past and there having been periods in warming and cooling in the past in no way proves or disproves man made climate change.

Do yourself a favor and do a bit of reading on empiricism and critical thinking - until you do so I suggest you leave specific topics alone because you obviously lack the ability to think objectively and with clarity.
He isnt trying to disprove it, he is showing that it is nothing unusual, and therefore nothing to worry about.
MonkeyChunks
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Pray tell why we should believe your claims over those who are actually learned on the subject?
Here is what those learned people think: MWP as it was known Enjoy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (4)
40%
No I don't (5)
50%
I work during the holidays (1)
10%

Watched Threads