Do most teenagers and young adults dress like wannabe gangsters these days? Watch

CollegeStudent99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
Maybe college and university are two different entities in their own right when it comes to fashion. I'm of a broad build and flex my legs a lot so skinny jeans really don't suit me.

Interestingly, I see a lot more people my own age wearing regular jeans when I visit Bath, which is only about 35 miles away by road, or just under 30 miles away by rail. At the same time, most people my age in Swindon, where I live, wear either tracksuits or skinny jeans.
Wear shorts maybe?

I think tracksuits/athletic wear have been popular for quite a few years now. It used to be associated with chavs/gangs etc (and maybe still is to a degree) but now a lot more types of people wear them.

At my college, it’s generally a mix of hoodies, jackets, skinny/slim/ripped/regular jeans, joggers, tackle bottoms and general tracksuits/athletic style clothing like Nike, Adidas, EA 47 etc.

I also disagree with you when you say that 2000’s clothing is more casual/comfortable than 2010’s clothing. If anything, I see people are generally dressing more casual than ever before. You didn’t see that many people wearing things like tracksuits and hoodies in 2005, apart from the undesirable types I mentioned above, now almost everyone wears them.
Last edited by CollegeStudent99; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (158)
19.24%
Labour (418)
50.91%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.52%
Green Party (45)
5.48%
Brexit Party (12)
1.46%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.49%
SNP (14)
1.71%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)