The Student Room Group

Struggling with anorexia, how do you stop yourself from binging?

I’ve been struggling with anorexia for a year now, at first I found it really easy to restrict my eating all the time, to the point that not eating anything for 48hrs was nothing, I could do it with no problem. I managed to lose 10kg in a space of 2 months from 60kg to 50kg. Just recently I have been struggling a lot with cravings and trying to control myself from eating. It seems like eating only ever leads to overeating or even binging to the point that I become very bloated and look 3 months pregnant. Even if I try to find the balance between eating just the right amount I can’t because I either eat very little or too much, there is just no in between. The overeating and binging is only making me feel extremely worse and I feel like a failure. I want to go back to restricting my intake. Any advice?
This was the biggestbissue fir me and still is. I went to see a GP and he told me to stop eating. I went to see a dietician and she told me to stop eating fruit
I was sent ti see a consultant who tomd me to spend £10k on surgery.
I gave up. Not much help for you, but you are not alone x
no one is going to help you restrict your intake when you have anorexia

you're binging because you're starving, if you eat regularly and are properly nourished it will stop by itself
Reply 3
Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by doodle_333
no one is going to help you restrict your intake when you have anorexia

you're binging because you're starving, if you eat regularly and are properly nourished it will stop by itself

Telling an anorexic to just eat! Thanks, you’ve cured me!
Reply 5
Original post by Blackballoons
This was the biggestbissue fir me and still is. I went to see a GP and he told me to stop eating. I went to see a dietician and she told me to stop eating fruit
I was sent ti see a consultant who tomd me to spend £10k on surgery.
I gave up. Not much help for you, but you are not alone x

I’m sorry to hear that the health service failed to help you. I hope you are able to recover, thank you for your comment.
:colondollar: Thanks x
Reply 7
You need to seek help. This is coming from someone diagnosed with AN.
Original post by setarexhx
Telling an anorexic to just eat! Thanks, you’ve cured me!

There is literally no other solution to starvation induced binging... a huge % of people with both AN and BN experience it. And tbh I've been there, I was diagnosed AN... therapy helps and I highly recommend getting some but the only way to recover behaviour wise is literally to eat. There's no lightbulb miracle moment when you're cured... you just fight to eat and hope it gets easier.
Original post by setarexhx
Thanks

I want to go back to restricting too lool like I never knew I’ll start overeating like crazy when I had everything under control. I also don’t get why, after let’s say months of undereating, we suddenly start to want to eat so much more. Maybe increasing your calorie intake by a little every week will help? Btw, what was the longest you’ve stopped eating for and how did you do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending