Mirriam Akos
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
I am undecided between Sociology and Criminology and a Nursing degree. I have identified pros and cons but I am still undecided.
I was supposed to start uni this year, but for some reasons I couldnt start.
I am not worried though because I see this as a chance for me to choose well.
I initially thought of Political Science then I changed to International Relations and the later to Criminology and Sociology (just to let you know how undecided I am).
I'd go for Nursing because there's a bit of practicals and I have problems with writing(assignments) and job opportunity is quite high.
Sociology and Criminology because I studied a bit of both in high school .
I'd really appreciate sincere opinion of someone(anyone).
Honestly, it'd help a lot. I am not saying that I live of the suggestions of others but it will be of great help since I have no one, I know of, to ask.
Thank you very much in advance.
Olivia1012
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mirriam Akos)
Hi
I am undecided between Sociology and Criminology and a Nursing degree. I have identified pros and cons but I am still undecided.
I was supposed to start uni this year, but for some reasons I couldnt start.
I am not worried though because I see this as a chance for me to choose well.
I initially thought of Political Science then I changed to International Relations and the later to Criminology and Sociology (just to let you know how undecided I am).
I'd go for Nursing because there's a bit of practicals and I have problems with writing(assignments) and job opportunity is quite high.
Sociology and Criminology because I studied a bit of both in high school .
I'd really appreciate sincere opinion of someone(anyone).
Honestly, it'd help a lot. I am not saying that I live of the suggestions of others but it will be of great help since I have no one, I know of, to ask.
Thank you very much in advance.
Hey, Although nursing is 50% practical and 50% theory they go hand in hand. so you will still have to do anatomy & physiology exam plus 3 essays in first year. then pathophysiology in 2nd year and presentations and OSCE if the uni your looking in to does them. Then 3rd year you still have to do 6000 word dissertation plus 3/4 assignments. the work load is not less than the other courses you are considering. the difference is you spend less time in uni due to clinical placements. hope this is helpful
Mirriam Akos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olivia1012)
Hey, Although nursing is 50% practical and 50% theory they go hand in hand. so you will still have to do anatomy & physiology exam plus 3 essays in first year. then pathophysiology in 2nd year and presentations and OSCE if the uni your looking in to does them. Then 3rd year you still have to do 6000 word dissertation plus 3/4 assignments. the work load is not less than the other courses you are considering. the difference is you spend less time in uni due to clinical placements. hope this is helpful
Thank you very much. Really helpful because I had no idea about this.
Mirriam Akos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olivia1012)
Okay so I just found course specifications (which i didnt do earlier on) and I am getting more informations.
Thank you again, I appreciate.
Olivia1012
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mirriam Akos)
Okay so I just found course specifications (which i didnt do earlier on) and I am getting more informations.
Thank you again, I appreciate.
Your welcome, best of luck with which ever course you decide to choose.
Mirriam Akos
Rep:
?
thank you. good luck to you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (517)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads