The Student Room Group

Should I send off my application early or wait until I do the IlETS

I did my ILETS in July 2018. During 2019, I didn't really find the need to retake it because I knew it would still be valid by the time I send off my application.
I found out recently, in September that all the universities I was applying to required the test to be updated at the start of the course.

But I would like to send off my application in October because the course is quite competitive(EEE) and I have already seen people get offers from one of the Universities am aiming for.

Can I just put my old ILETS test results but also put pending for the new test I am to take early November?
Does this affect my offers?
Original post by Shish_bish
I did my ILETS in July 2018. During 2019, I didn't really find the need to retake it because I knew it would still be valid by the time I send off my application.
I found out recently, in September that all the universities I was applying to required the test to be updated at the start of the course.

But I would like to send off my application in October because the course is quite competitive(EEE) and I have already seen people get offers from one of the Universities am aiming for.

Can I just put my old ILETS test results but also put pending for the new test I am to take early November?
Does this affect my offers?

You can apply with your IELTS as pending. I imagine this would not be an issue for most unis. However, an IELTS giving you the required grades might strengthen your application. You are guaranteed equal consideration as long as you apply before the 14th Jan, so there's no harm in waiting.
Original post by Shish_bish

Don't let the fact that people are already receiving offers for your course worry you. As long as you make your UCAS application by 6 o'clock on 15 January, it will receive equal consideration. It isn't a matter of first come, first served.

Admissions staff at the universities are experienced enough to know that making early offers to some applicants will not disadvantage other potential students who apply on time (i.e. by 15 January).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending