8 mark questionsWatch
What were the effects of the new Weimar government on Germany society after World War One?
- Small introductory sentence about what the issue was., reference the points you'll make.
- Explain one feature of the question/ event/ time period but explain what this leads to, not just describing it.
EG what was the policy of proportional representation in Weimar Germany, but it lead to political instability and the failure for a political majority to agree on new legislation.
- Then link the first feature to the second feature. A lack of political unity lead to social division, no military force to counter violence and unrest etc.
- Explain another feature of the question/ event/ time period, not just describing it.
EG the fact that no new legislation was ratified meant post- WW1 Germany remained on the bridge of anarchy, with social unrest, famine, the establishment of many new political extremist parties (the NSDAP) etc.
- Small conclusion/ 1 or 2 sentences showing the main outcome of the event.
EG these two facts combined to make Weimar Germany and Post-WW1 Germany politically unstable/ extremist/ not unified etc.
Point (what was the phenomenon/ event)
Evidence (what happened, times, dates, figures, statistics, people)
Explain (why did it happen? what were the impacts?)
Link (relation/ relevance back to the question, what did this event cause/ lead to?)