td6299
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
for Bowbly's monotropic theory of attachment, when doing an 8 marker would you talk about all of the key points like adaptive, monotropy, social releasers, critical period and IWM or would you just say a few for AO1 and evaluate the ones mentioned?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by td6299)
for Bowbly's monotropic theory of attachment, when doing an 8 marker would you talk about all of the key points like adaptive, monotropy, social releasers, critical period and IWM or would you just say a few for AO1 and evaluate the ones mentioned?
What exactly is the exam question?
td6299
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
What exactly is the exam question?
Evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment (8 marks)
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You'd need 2 or 3 evaluative points. You need to explain why they're an evaluative point, link them back to the theory, provide evidence of that, and then link to the question.
Govvyghost
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You wouldn't include any AO1 for an 'evaluate' 8 marker. Instead, write at least 2 paragraphs (50-100 word) evaluating it (AO3).
For example:

POINT: The Evolutionary Explanation, in particular the monotropy can be considered to be a socially sensitive idea.
EVIDENCE/EXAMPLE: Feminists like Erica Burman (1994) have pointed out that this places a terrible burden of responsibility on mothers, setting them up to take the blame for anything that goes wrong in the rest of their child’s life. It also pushes mothers into certain lifestyle choices like making the decision not to return to work when a child is born.
EVALUATION: This is a weakness because the theory can be seen to be unethical if it’ key assumptions are seen to negatively discriminate against women/mothers.
td6299
Rep:
?
(Original post by Govvyghost)
You wouldn't include any AO1 for an 'evaluate' 8 marker. Instead, write at least 2 paragraphs (50-100 word) evaluating it (AO3).
For example:

POINT: The Evolutionary Explanation, in particular the monotropy can be considered to be a socially sensitive idea.
EVIDENCE/EXAMPLE: Feminists like Erica Burman (1994) have pointed out that this places a terrible burden of responsibility on mothers, setting them up to take the blame for anything that goes wrong in the rest of their child’s life. It also pushes mothers into certain lifestyle choices like making the decision not to return to work when a child is born.
EVALUATION: This is a weakness because the theory can be seen to be unethical if it’ key assumptions are seen to negatively discriminate against women/mothers.
omg, I didn't read the question properly, I can't be making mistakes like this but thank you for the help
Govvyghost
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
omg, I didn't read the question properly, I can't be making mistakes like this but thank you for the help
You are more than welcome! Give me a shout when you need some help with psychology.
td6299
Rep:
?
(Original post by Govvyghost)
You are more than welcome! Give me a shout when you need some help with psychology.
will do, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (65)
4.6%
Uncertainty around my education (218)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (154)
10.89%
Lack of purpose or motivation (201)
14.21%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (61)
4.31%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (82)
5.8%
Loneliness (126)
8.91%
Financial worries (48)
3.39%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (65)
4.6%
Exposure to negative news/social media (68)
4.81%
Lack of real life entertainment (73)
5.16%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (122)
8.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (131)
9.26%

Watched Threads