Glastonbury festival Watch

lfcpearcey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
who do people want to see headlining the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury in 2020? I would like to see likes of Ariana grande, Kendrick Lamar and Arctic Monkeys however I have a big feelings its going to be the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney, Elton John etc, which wouldn't be bad but still!!
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lfcpearcey)
who do people want to see headlining the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury in 2020? I would like to see likes of Ariana grande, Kendrick Lamar and Arctic Monkeys however I have a big feelings its going to be the likes of Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney, Elton John etc, which wouldn't be bad but still!!
Jay Z, Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Ed Sheeran, Dua Lipa and Adele
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think it would be very fitting if they went back to the roots of the festival and had a bunch of artists who performed at the older events events. At least those who are still going, anyway.

So in terms of artists that interest me, they could probably get Hawkwind, Planxty, Fairport Convention, Arthur Brown, maybe Pink Floyd (that would really be pushing it!), Peter Gabriel, New Order, Sky (if they were to reform), Marillion, Billy Bragg, The Pogues (if they reformed and Shane Macgowan is still alive)

In terms of other interesting artists that would fit in well: Fleetwood Mac would be really cool, as would Eagles (and Eagles Of Death Metal, while I'm thinking of them), Wishbone Ash, The Kinks, Robert Plant, Steeleye Span, Steve Winwood, Mike Oldfield, Sigur Ros, Kasabian, Crosby, Stills and Nash, The Stranglers, Willie Nelson, Seasick Steve, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, The Darkness, The Who, ZZ Top.

Quite a lot of those have payed before, and some would need to reform, or in the case of Mike Oldfield, resume playing live at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (128)
63.68%
No (73)
36.32%

Watched Threads