Driving without a licence at 16 Watch

pinkbacon1437
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I didn't need everyone's petty comments, thanks to the ones who gave me an actual answer instead of saying I'm dumb and stupid. was only asking lol xoxo
Last edited by pinkbacon1437; 3 weeks ago
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you do this on the Queen's Highway you & the adult can both be in a world of trouble.

driving round a farm would be a better choice.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unless it's private land, you could get in trouble (I think)
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pinkbacon1437)
...if I’m going slowly (ie not reckless 100mph driving) with an adult for the pure reason of learning how to drive, will I be fined or will the adult get into trouble?

I mean the kind of roads in the middle of nowhere where there aren’t any cars, not an actual road

I’m 17 in 2 months and would like to try driving (besides fairground dodgems haha) but dk what would happen if I got caught or whatever
You cannot drive on public roads (contrary to popular belief this includes car parks) without a valid driving licence and insurance to drive the vehicle.

Your dreams have been shattered.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah you're not allowed to do this, only on private land. It's only a couple of months, just wait
JAHL2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
...if I’m going slowly (ie not reckless 100mph driving) with an adult for the pure reason of learning how to drive, will I be fined or will the adult get into trouble?

I mean the kind of roads in the middle of nowhere where there aren’t any cars, not an actual road

I’m 17 in 2 months and would like to try driving (besides fairground dodgems haha) but dk what would happen if I got caught or whatever
There are plenty of courses around you can book on that let under 17 drivers go out with a qualified instructor on private airfields and race tracks which will be fully insured. Alternatively find a friendly landowner who has a long private driveway that has no public access - if you do this though the vehicle you are driving will be uninsured.
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you’re 17 in 2 months, just be patient and wait. You’ll have the rest of your life to drive (and then get bored of)
Neenaw weewoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

You currently cannot legally drive on any road which is accessible to the public. If you do, you could be prosecuted for driving without a licence and driving without insurance.
The car you drove would be seized, and you (and potentially any adult supervising you or allowing their car to be used) could get fined (probably about £3k to £5k per person if it ends up in court) plus a driving ban that would leave you waiting a lot longer than two months to be able to get a licence.
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Are you genuinely stupid?
No. Why would I be stupid? I got straight 9s at GCSE and did my Maths AS in Year 11. That's not stupid...
Last edited by pinkbacon1437; 3 weeks ago
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neenaw weewoo)
You currently cannot legally drive on any road which is accessible to the public. If you do, you could be prosecuted for driving without a licence and driving without insurance.
The car you drove would be seized, and you (and potentially any adult supervising you or allowing their car to be used) could get fined (probably about £3k to £5k per person if it ends up in court) plus a driving ban that would leave you waiting a lot longer than two months to be able to get a licence.
cool, thanks
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No. Why would I be stupid? I got straight 9s at GCSE and did my Maths AS in Year 11. That's not stupid...
That's just evidence you have a good memory, as is normal with all standardised testing.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because you are asking whether you will get into trouble for doing something blatantly illegal?
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you drive without a licence and insurance and your caught or in an accident. You and your supervisor will get a massive fine, you’ll get a driving ban of probably 2+years. When you do finally get a licence you will struggle to get insurance or it will be a lot higher than other people because insurance companies will see you as a high risk customer.
Just wait 2 months or drive on private land. It’s not worth the risk.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ability to pass exams =/= common sense
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
cool, thanks
You can find places who offer under-age driving experiences on private land. This is all legal - it is a popular 16th birthday present around here.
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
Because you are asking whether you will get into trouble for doing something blatantly illegal?
well in some countries they expect you to go driving with parents before lessons so I'm just asking. If I knew it was illegal then I wouldn't waste my time asking would I huh
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Ability to pass exams =/= common sense
Ok thanks for your imput
pinkbacon1437
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
If you drive without a licence and insurance and your caught or in an accident. You and your supervisor will get a massive fine, you’ll get a driving ban of probably 2+years. When you do finally get a licence you will struggle to get insurance or it will be a lot higher than other people because insurance companies will see you as a high risk customer.
Just wait 2 months or drive on private land. It’s not worth the risk.
Ok thanks Just some of my friends in other countries are allowed to do this...idk if it's legal or 'ignored' by people over there haha
ColtTheWolf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

If you try and drive on a public road without a license you're running the risk of being barred from even getting one.

When you're in your 20's and all your mates are driving to events and such and you're left begging for a lift from mommy you're going to regret it SOOOO much.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If there's anything TSR has proven to me, it's that you can be academically gifted and still be dumb AF. Being skilled at absorbing information doesn't mean possessing common sense or analytical thinking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.1%
Labour (323)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (154)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.4%
Brexit Party (21)
2.77%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)