Easiest Optional Topics in AQA A-Level Psychology Watch

Niztheshizzler
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I'm currently retaking AQA A-Level psychology, externally without actually going into college. I was wondering which of the optional topics you think are the easiest to learn/revise/talk about etc. based on the amount of memorisation and case studies and researcher names. I did Forensic Psychology, Schizophrenia and Gender last year and want to know if there's easier/shorter topics that I could do instead because I know I struggled with Forensic Psychology quite a bit.
phantomdiarrhea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Schizophrenia is the shortest topic and thus has the least content, I also recommend relationships because it is relatively quite straightforward. If you want the exampro questions I used to get an A* check here: https://alevelsresources424893.wordp...and-year-2-a2/

And the notes I used: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...plans-11925039
Euphoria101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sinful Delight ^^

The poster above is reinforcing that schizophrenia seems to be simple.
username4961772
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by dyingstudent101)
Sinful Delight ^^

The poster above is reinforcing that schizophrenia seems to be simple.
Meaning I don't need many brain cells? Perfect.

Thank you so much for this! They also recommend relationships.....
Euphoria101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sinful Delight)
Meaning I don't need many brain cells? Perfect.

Thank you so much for this! They also recommend relationships.....
Yep. From what I have heard from friends relationships is easy just boring. But do gender! Well do it together and you’ll enjoy it
Niztheshizzler
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by phantomdiarrhea)
Schizophrenia is the shortest topic and thus has the least content, I also recommend relationships because it is relatively quite straightforward. If you want the exampro questions I used to get an A* check here: https://alevelsresources424893.wordp...and-year-2-a2/

And the notes I used: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...plans-11925039
Thank you so much!!!
Niztheshizzler
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by dyingstudent101)
Yep. From what I have heard from friends relationships is easy just boring. But do gender! Well do it together and you’ll enjoy it
Schizo, gender & relationships? We got this! 💪🏽
username4961772
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Niztheshizzler)
Schizo, gender & relationships? We got this! 💪🏽
No, you have to choose between Gender and Relationships.
Schnuckiboo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey so we're just working our way through the topics we've picked in our psychology class. My teacher is an examiner for AQA psychology and told us that stress is such a short and simple topic, we're nearly finished with it already and we've only been doing it for a week. We've also down relationships and will do forensic psychology later. She said that schizophrenia is an interesting option but it takes awhile to teach and can be quite huge so you might have to do more reading around the topic to get the best marks on it in the exam.

I would reccomend stress and relationships for sure, but it's all down to what you believe you could do best in on the day of the exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.11%
1 (69)
13.72%
2 (65)
12.92%
20.48%
20.28%
5 (88)
17.5%

Watched Threads