2018Y11Student
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I have been offered a job at Tesco (start soon) but they haven't mentioned the wage. Does anyone know how much 16 year olds are on per hour please?

Thank you,
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The current wage is £9 an hour - they pay everyone the same. I can't remember if new starters are on a lower wage or not (when I started I was in £7.42ph)
2018Y11Student
Rep:
?
(Original post by lia_r18)
The current wage is £9 an hour - they pay everyone the same. I can't remember if new starters are on a lower wage or not (when I started I was in £7.42ph)
Hi, did you have a starter period before it went up or is it just standard pay rises across the company? Thank you
lia_r18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2018Y11Student)
Hi, did you have a starter period before it went up or is it just standard pay rises across the company? Thank you
I can't remember if I had a starter period, but I think my rises have just bee where the wages have risen for everyone.

I know that the next pay rise occurs in October 2020 and goes up to £9.40. 🙂
2018Y11Student
Rep:
?
(Original post by lia_r18)
I can't remember if I had a starter period, but I think my rises have just bee where the wages have risen for everyone.

I know that the next pay rise occurs in October 2020 and goes up to £9.40. 🙂
Wow that’s great. Thank you!
G_student
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 2018Y11Student)
Hi, I have been offered a job at Tesco (start soon) but they haven't mentioned the wage. Does anyone know how much 16 year olds are on per hour please?

Thank you,
Hey,

I'm a 16 year old student as well that's searching for a job. I got an interview for Chritsmas Casuals at Royal Mail Greenford Mail Centre but got rejected as there were no available jobs. I've been looking for supermarket jobs but get kinda lost when finding the job to apply for. Do you or anyone else know the type of jobs under 18s can do at supermarkets? e.g. Stock Assistant or Customer Assistant (just examples, I'm not even sure if you can do those at 16) Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you
lemxn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by G_student)
Hey,

I'm a 16 year old student as well that's searching for a job. I got an interview for Chritsmas Casuals at Royal Mail Greenford Mail Centre but got rejected as there were no available jobs. I've been looking for supermarket jobs but get kinda lost when finding the job to apply for. Do you or anyone else know the type of jobs under 18s can do at supermarkets? e.g. Stock Assistant or Customer Assistant (just examples, I'm not even sure if you can do those at 16) Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you
'Customer Assistant' can mean a lot of things from checkouts to working on the shopfloor. When I worked at Tesco there was loads of under 18s on checkouts and all they had to do was get older colleagues to approve alcohol purchases for them (the law).

Under 18s can only work until a certain time and a max amount of hours a week but there will be supermarkets willing to take you on!

Good luck!
FalloutZappy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your wage will be £7 or lower it won't be £8-9 yes it sucks but it's cheap labor. The underage price should increase to support young teens/adults.
lia_r18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FalloutZappy)
Your wage will be £7 or lower it won't be £8-9 yes it sucks but it's cheap labor. The underage price should increase to support young teens/adults.
Tesco pays everyone the same... all employees are on £9 an hour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (536)
51.05%
No (514)
48.95%

Watched Threads