The Student Room Group

Help!!!! missing an assignment?!

Hello, so basically, I am doing a foundation year and unfortunately I’m missing my first assignment which is a group presentation. I spoke to my tutor about this but he wasn’t any help. I just want to know how much this would affect my grade at the end of the year and to see if I’ll be able to pass this year . I have four modules and at the end of each module, there are two assignments, one worth 40% and 60%.
I am missing the 40% one.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, so basically, I am doing a foundation year and unfortunately I’m missing my first assignment which is a group presentation. I spoke to my tutor about this but he wasn’t any help. I just want to know how much this would affect my grade at the end of the year and to see if I’ll be able to pass this year . I have four modules and at the end of each module, there are two assignments, one worth 40% and 60%.
I am missing the 40% one.

Missing as you wont be there or you havent done the work?
Why?
Normal policy will be to give you 0% and then mark you out of 60% for which you will need top get 40/60.
Do you need to hit any % marks to progress from foundation?
You arent explaining why you are missing.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Missing as you wont be there or you havent done the work?
Why?
Normal policy will be to give you 0% and then mark you out of 60% for which you will need top get 40/60.
Do you need to hit any % marks to progress from foundation?
You arent explaining why you are missing.

Im not going to be here for the assignment. And he was saying even if I submit the assignment, it won’t count because I need to be there to present it.
Reply 3
Im not going to be here for the assignment. And he was saying even if I submit the assignment, it won’t count because I need to be there to present it.

And it’s a group presentation

You can file for extenuating circumstances if you're missing it because of a personal issue. Check your university's policy on what counts as an extenuating circumstance.

Why arent you going to be there?
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Why arent you going to be there?

I’m going abroad for a wedding
I’m going abroad for a wedding

You can ask for an alternative, but they dont have to give it you. Thats a self inflicted absence. Talk to your pt or class rep or student advisor. How long have you known about the assignment? When is it? If you miss it then I can see 0% and you are being marked out of 40. Better check the module doesnt require you to pass both parts, if so it will be a fail. They may give you a capped resit in the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest