which is a better degree geography or business? Watch

danc1456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just want to see what you think about them. pros and cons of both of them and ultimately what they think is better and why.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which do you enjoy most and think you can get the best possible degree classification while staying motivated enough to take advantage of all the extra curricular opportunities available alongside studies?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danc1456)
I just want to see what you think about them. pros and cons of both of them and ultimately what they think is better and why.
It entirely depends on what you want to do with it (e.g. what industry you want to work in, and which you enjoy) and your interests. For example, if you want to work in business or finance industry, then Business degree will give you more of an advantage (by building your knowledge and commercial awareness)... though you don't actually need one to work in that industry and most professional there don't have a business related degree.

Now if you want to do anything related to environment (e.g. Environment Consultant, Conservation Officer, GIS Analyst, Town Planning) then you'd probably better off with a Geo degree.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danc1456)
Like the other posters say, it depends on your interests and career aims. You would want to select a degree that you are more passionate about, as this will motivate you to study well and you will get more out of your university experience. Unless you want to go down a subject specific career path, either degree can be used to apply for a wide variety of graduate schemes, e.g. retail, finance, HR. I would always recommend to do some career planning activities (e.g. careers fairs, work experience, networking) and get involved with extracurriculars and positions of responsibility.

Think about what you want to do in life and which route you will enjoy more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (176)
48.75%
No (44)
12.19%
I'm not old enough (141)
39.06%

Watched Threads