The Student Room Group

Question about University Air Squadrons

I was wondering if I would be able to join a University Air Squadron, preferably East Midlands, even though my university (University of Derby) isnt listed as covered by a UAS. Do they only accept people from universities that are covered, or can you apply while studying at any UK university?

Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Instantlysi
I was wondering if I would be able to join a University Air Squadron, preferably East Midlands, even though my university (University of Derby) isnt listed as covered by a UAS. Do they only accept people from universities that are covered, or can you apply while studying at any UK university?

Many thanks

It means they're more set up for those universities, but as long as you're able to physically reach the unit, will normally give you a chance.

However, if you've just started at uni this year, you're too late now and will have to wait until the start of the 2020 academic year to join. What you can do is the ground work though, get in touch with them and ask.
Original post by Instantlysi

Many thanks

Hi

As Drewski has already stated, you're likely to be too late to join them this year now, but you can contact EM UAS and speak to them and see what your options are. It will also stand you in good stead ready for next year if you're not able to right now.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest