The Student Room Group

Do you have body insecurites?- POLL

Scroll to see replies

No, never have
Yes, but sometimes it doesn’t bother me and sometimes it does. I’ve always struggled with weight due to depression and how I was brought up.
Yes, it's a combination of a lot of things, my lower back muscles are tense on my left side but not the right, this has caused over time for my right shoulder to grow longer than my left, it's not that noticeable but once you know about it it is. This in turn causes my right arm muscles to grow higher, whereas my left ones grow wider. Also my neck is skewed and is always in a strange position in selfies even though it feels straight. Also although I have a BMI of 7% I am subconscious about the tiny bit of fat I do have. And I just want to get bigger in general. And I don't like the way my face looks, don't know why, just feel disgusted looking in the mirror. Most of these aren't that noticeable but I see it every day and it annoys me.
Original post by Glaz
4 stars, not 6 or 5 :wink:

Is it slap?
Original post by Andrew97
Is it slap?

I am bound by site rules not to tell you, but I can tell you that it is a synonym of make passionate love to :rolleyes:
Yes. There’s literally not a single part of my body or face that I like. I don’t deal with it I just try to cover myself as much as possible
Original post by knightandday
I recently came across Jameela jamil`s i_weigh IG and just wondered how bad the problem is. so decided to do a snapshot poll for this. I personally used to suffer, but I got over it years ago. now im fine.

Also,
if no --> how did you get over it?
If yes --> how long have you struggled with it and what bothers you the most?

you can only get over your insecurities only if you actually look better and are hot.
main ones:

- lazy eye that doesn't actually do much (can make me look dopey sometimes)
- terrible eyesight (-9 right, -5 left)
- leftover man boobs from puberty (will get them removed once i start a grad job)
- oversized right lip from using it as a dummy as a kid (makes speaking way harder than it should, will get it reduced when i start a grad job)
- a bit too much hair in random places
- hips are waaaay too big for a dude (putting on trousers sucks)

weight related stuff will depart when i get back into gymming/meal planning properly again (but alas grad job applications).

other than that, I'm semi-satisfied with my bod.
(edited 4 years ago)
- I am too skinny. I look like I have an ED. I'm working on gaining weight though.
- Glasses. Having them about 17 years already still not used to them and still hate them. Sometimes I feel ok wearing them and then someone says something about them (even nice things) and I get insecure about it.
- Pale skin with dark hair. I like the way I look in that matter, but still people make comments about how white I am, especially in summer... although I did get more tan than usual the last few years.
- Despite being skinny I have a bit of tummy fat... Well, much less noticeable now, after working on it in a gym, but still I'm not as fit as I used to be... seems like being almost 30 is showing its effect now.

Seems like my body have changed a lot the last few years. My hair got lighter, skin got darker (less pale at least, and I can tan a bit and not get burned).....
the body Allah gave me, no. Do you know how complex the human body is, even the perceived simplistic functionalities - simply a magnificent creation. Completely in awe and grateful to have things working in order aH
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by crysaltytears
you can only get over your insecurities only if you actually look better and are hot.

Not really. Im not but i got over it. What helped me was realising the image I had in my head was false, a cartoon. No one fits that picture! So I actually starting mentally (never out loud) pointing out what was "wrong" with every girl compared to that perfect image in my head. E.g. she is blonde, but she has a big ass forehead; she is tall but has a big nose; she is pretty but too big for the industry etc

This helped me because it made me realise that no one is perfect, and I am wasting my time allowing these thoughts to cloud and take up time from the rest of my day. Also, the image is a cartoon that literally no one fits into (even supermodels!)

If you chase after being hot, you`re never going to be satisfied physically. Its impossible. Focussed on changing your perception. Worked for me!
Cellulite and my stomach rolls
Never big enough and never shredded enough, probably never will be regardless of how much progress I make :lol:
It's not something I actively think about, but it has been a problem in the past. All my life I've had comments made about my weight and despite having a disease where I lose my appetite periodically, I still get it. family members made comments when I was like 6.

Things I've been insecure about in the past:
Slightly webbed fingers
My smile - I was told it was creepy af

But not much, pretty much all my insecurities are mental.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Never big enough and never shredded enough, probably never will be regardless of how much progress I make :lol:

Its never enough fam, haha
Gummy smile, two small beauty marks on lips, big eczema scar on calf (never worn shorts and skirts that aren't ankle length), multiple eyelid creases on one eye, flat nose, and some weight related insecurities though I'm gradually losing weight at uni

I wish it was socially acceptable to wear a face mask in the UK haha
My arms are a bit too fat imo and I wish I had a slick ass jaw line😂
yeah i use to want to have an extremely tiny waist due to seeing certain pics however i later found out the pics were photoshopped.
Original post by ساره
yeah i use to want to have an extremely tiny waist due to seeing certain pics however i later found out the pics were photoshopped.

Now add on how many of them have plastic surgery and watch your faith in humanity decline :biggrin:
Original post by knightandday
Now add on how many of them have plastic surgery and watch your faith in humanity decline :biggrin:

personally i think theres nothing wrong with plastic surgery as long the person does it for the right reasons

Quick Reply

Latest